Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iciflake Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 01:38 PM
    I need to be more specific
    Me and my boyfriend moved in a nice place and have both names on the lease my boyfriend has been skipping out on weekends and not fully paying his part of the bills plus he is an addict so my question is how do I legally get him off the lease and get him out of here please help, I can afford the place myself and refuse to let this freeloader stay on with me because his name is on the lease that's what he throws in my face when I tell him please move out we aren't getting along but he refuses what can I do?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 21, 2007, 06:31 PM
    I am no attorney but I would think the landlord would want him out also considering his alleged addiction. Why not present the landlord with the idea of letting you out of the lease and if you like the place, can afford it own your own, sign another lease but I think you friend has to agree also. He's not likely to like the idea as it sounds like he needs a place to stay and the landlord, once you advise them of his alleged addiction, may seek to evict you as well as him. I think you may need the services of an attorney to guide you on what's best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
    First I will note it is best to add your remarks on to your original post, that way we get a track of what all you are talking about.

But basically if your landlord will not let you or your boyfriend out of the lease, you are stuck in it. I will add that this is why people need to be careful of who they sign to be responsible for. So if he does not pay you a penny, you will have to pay your landlord. Unless you and him had specific rules as to who pays, but as a boyfiend it is likely he could just tell the judge you were suppose to be paying for it. And no he does not have to move out.

So you are basically stuck, perhaps a local attorney as noted can come up with some ideas after reading your lease more closely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specific Performance [ 2 Answers ]

Buyer A will be 18 years old in 3 months. An avid model train collector, he sees an ad in a magazine for model trains. He calls the train company and asks about their product line and prices. The telemarketer tells Buyer A that all of their company's cars cost $60.00 including postage. She...

Specific gravity [ 2 Answers ]

A proton has mas 1.67x10 -27 kg and diameter 8.2 x 10 -16 m. Find specific gravity.

View more questions Search