Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo43va Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Too Fat To Live?
    My name is Joanna and I'm nearly 13.. Im 10 and a half stone and find it impossible to lose weight! I feel stressed because of this which leads to me having arguments with everyone! I'm losing everyone slowly and I'm becoming allot more jealous than I was before I put on weight. I hate my life right now and feel the only way out is to commit suicide and end my life!
    jasonbts Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

May 21, 2007, 01:59 PM
    HOLD UP!! Look I understand your point, but think a second, is this issue worth giving up your life? I assure you it's not. People unable to accept you for who you were never your friends in the first place. My sugestion?: Find a religeon. Go to church. Christain and Baptist churches are full of people that look past physical appearance. If you already have a religeon, turn to it now.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

May 21, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Oh JoJo, 13 is such a tuff age. I have a 13 yo daughter who is also overweight but oh so beautiful. Your weight is a very small part of who you are but in our society has become so defining. Please see a doctor. We found that my daughter has a thyroid problem and insulence resistance. She was constantly hungry and didn't know why. Stop focusing on your weight and look to feel good about yourself. Do get out and exercise but don't focus on the weight just how good you feel after a good brisk walk. List 10 things daily that like about yourself ( hair, eyes, kindness, etc) you may be jealous of your friends but they likely have problems of their own. Things will get better and you will see that those teenage years once behind you are soon forgotten. Good luck and talk to your family for support. There is no problem worth taking your life, none!
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 22, 2007, 07:41 AM
    When you mature you will realize that there is so much more to live for than how much you weigh... I don't even have weighing scales in the house, that's how important it is.
    You are 12 years old, what you weight shouldn't be your biggest priority.
    I have been there,and back again.I had my son when I was almost 18,and I put on four stone in weight when I was pregnant, think about that, when you are older and you want to start a family are you going to kill yourself if you put on weight, or are you going to be a strong person and do something about it?
    When I met my partner I was fretting about the weight around my stomach from the pregnancy, he told me not to worry about it because if I didn't have it my son wouldn't be here.
    Weight isn't overly important, unless you are morbidly obeese,eat healthy, exercise,smile and be happy...
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
    The answers above are the best advice. You do not need to loose weight for people to like you and you most certaintly don't need to give up on life in general. When you are young that's all that matters, your weight, when you grow up you will start to realize that weight doesn't make you YOU.

You make yourself.
    Tuckerboy3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Im in kinda the same situation but ive never turned to suicide. I think you should see a doctor or someone who can help you lose a few pounds. thats what i did and its tuff but i think that with help you can lose some weight and when you do you will feel so great about yourself. its hard but i think you can work through it!
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

May 28, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Jo JO, we would like an update if you can. HOw are you feeling? I have not forgotten you.
    tiarae44 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2007, 09:58 PM
    What's ten and a half stone?
    Liandre Posts: 2, Reputation: 4

May 29, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo43va
    My name is Joanna and im nearly 13..Im 10 and a half stone and find it impossible to lose weight! i feel stressed because of this which leads to me having arguments with everyone! im loosing everyone slowly and im becoming allot more jealous than i was before i put on weight. i hate my life right now and feel the only way out is to commit suicide and end my life!
    Honey I will not tell you what to do, but mostly what I have gone through and a little of what I did about it. I understand your pain. I understand the intensity of it. I I have gone through wanting to kill myself off and on, every 6 weeks or so, mostly because of a chemical imbalance in my brain. It has been part of me for 35 years. I am not saying you have what I have. Only that I know what it's like to hurt. Pain is pain, that is why so many are trying to help you.

It doesn't matter what the reason, but people contemplating suicide have something in common, we gradually lose the ability to cope and begin to entertain ideas of giving up. It becomes more difficult to access the coping skills we have left. The idea is to find new coping skills to help you through it.

Here is the more corny things I've done to keep from plunging down that black pit to begin with. I type out all my feelings on my PC in a sort of a journal. I have a couple good websites and hotlines if I feel really squirrely. You know those people on the other end of the hotlines? Way more nervous than you! I have found out that if you can stay on the phone or online with someone for 1 to 2 hours, the emphasis will wane and you will be OK. I think that your brain can't keep up that intensity of pain for more than 2 hours. It exhausts itself, but don't quote me on that because I am no scientist, LOL. I have written notes to myself when I feel good, to read when I feel bad. I have saved every card anyone has given me and I read them when I am down or have low self esteem issues. I have friends who have written me when I am sick wishing me well and I have printed those and kept them. I have a gratitude list at the bottom of my underwear drawer. It was difficult to write and hard to read, because when I feel like crap I don't want to admit being grateful for anything, but it helps. I also let my family know when I am depressed.

Also, killing yourself is not an easy thing. I have made attempts and it only lead to more trauma than you can imagine. If your pain is overwhelming you, please find someone, call email, whatever it takes, because you do not deserve to be in that much pain. You are a human being and deserve your life. (((HUGS))) ~~~Love, Liandre

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Too Fat [ 25 Answers ]

When people see me they say that I have a really hot body, but I can't see it. I'm 5'0'' and I weigh about 93lbs, but I swear its 93lbs of fat. I've tried diets and exercise to tone my body, but I'll just stay the same size and gain weight from the muscle. What is a quick and easy way to fix my fat...

I want to get fat [ 34 Answers ]

Hey guys. For some reason I want to get fat. I've already gained 10 pounds. I find it erotic for some reason. I've always wanted to become fat my whole life but I couldn't because I was worried of what people would think of me. I'm 5'7 170. I have a chubby belly but I'm thinking of eating for fatty...

About fat [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I have lot of fat at my chest area and I want to loose fat from the chest area. Can any one suggest me how I can loose fat from chest area by exercises?

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

I'm getting fat! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Please can you help me I don't know if I am getting fat or not.I weigh 90pounds and I am about 150 cm tall, I have quite a lot of fat around my chest and back and my belly has a lot of fat and has rolls of fat but also hangs a bit over my trousers. Can you help me please...

View more questions Search