Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LilyS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
    RCA TV Crackles and shuts off
    I have an RCA 52 inch TV (D52W19BYX2) that shut off this morning. It started a few months ago with some crackling sounds and eventually the TV would turn off. It would come back on after a minute or so and either do it again or just be fine. It did this for about 2 months and then has been fine for the last 2 months or so. Today, however, it started making very loud crackling noises and shut off. We could turn it back on, but it would go off immediately. Then it started smelling hot. My husband could see a blue arc inside the back side of the TV. Does anyone know what's located in that area? Any clues as to what's wrong or what it should cost us? This thing is only 2 years old. I contacted RCA and Thomson and go nowhere. "Customer Service" is foreign to them!!! :mad: All they can ever tell me is to unplug the TV and that they've never heard of my problem. I can't be the only one.
    JustinJbearelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
    I have the same problem. But no arc. It just started doing this. Have you got it fixed? I'm still looking for answers how to fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rca 52inch TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rca 52 inch TV that is one year old, and when you turn it on, it makes a very high pitch sound that stays on even when you mute the TV. Eventually after a few minutes it goes away, but it does it every time you turn it on. Any idea's of problem?

View more questions Search