Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Pretty ugly ?
    I feel so ugly. I don't think anyone likes me. ( boys ) I get boyfriends and every thing ,but it never lasts to long. Am I really that ugly ? Y doesn't anyone like me. I have very good hygene so what's up ? Will I ever have a steady boyfriend ?
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

May 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
    How old are you? In high school, no one has steady boyfriends. Don't try so hard. When you have a boyfriend, just let it be fun and see where it goes. As Cameron Diaz said in The Sweetest Thing, don't look for mr. right, look for mr. right now, and that now part will eventually go away.
    breakmealive Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bailee
    I feel so ugly. I dont think anyone likes me. ( boys ) I get boyfriends and every thing ,but it never lasts to long. Am I really that ugly ? y doesnt anyone like me. I have very good hygene so whats up ? Will I ever have a steady boyfriend ?
    In school or not in school. Menare odd period. Its hard to find someone whose going to be steady. Don't look for love. Let love find you. Even though you want someone and you are lonely or whatever it may be always let it come to you. If you go looknig for it. You'll have the biggest dissapointments
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

May 21, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Dear Bailee - Hello dear one. Let me tell you that I was an awkward teenager and felt a lot like you. First, I would like for you to find out about yourself. Do you want a steady boyfriend? If yes, why? If not, why not? Do you like dating different people? I found out pretty late in my life that I like dating different people. I like traveling and meeting people.

The 2nd thing is, I would like for you to stop thinking that you are ugly. Remember, our thoughts create our feelings. If you are telling yourself that you are ugly then you will feel that way. Begin to change your self-image by loving yourself and being supportive. Say, "I am loved and accepted. I affirm beauty, friendship and success. I find love and friendship wherever I go. I have a loving boyfriend in my life. All that I need comes to me, and all that I need to know is revealed to me. I love people and people love me. I am a success in whatever I do. I love and support myself."

Beauty comes from within. It is your personality that will attract people to you. However, if you are conflicted for some reason - maybe one day you want a boyfriend and the next day you don't - you may be unconsciously drawing people to you that that fulfill that. This is why I am suggesting that you learn about yourself, your thoughts and feelings. Don't be so hard on yourself.

You sound very young. It might be that you are having friends and meeting lots of new people. Think back on some of the people you liked - did you like them back? Did you want to continue to see them? If you are attracting people then you are attractive and people do want to know you. Maybe you just haven't met the right person yet - but you will. Socialize and make friends, expect the best, and learn to love and appreciate yourself. You'll be all right.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

May 21, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Why would you even bring yourself down like that? How do you expect to love someone if you don't love yourself? have some patience, there is someone out there waiting for you but right now the first thing you need to do is work on yourself first, -good luck
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Do you know who is F-ING UGLY? The fashion models and celebrities that weigh as much as my shoe and look like walking corpses. And yet time and again when I check out at the supermarket I see these bones with skin on cover after cover with some stupid diet that doesn't work and being passed off as "hot" and "stunning" when they haven't ate in a week and then appear in a air brushed or computer enhanced photo that makes them look even smaller. On top of that those women look beyond ugly and incredibly stupid because they won't eat to fit a image that not one other guy I've ever met in my entire 30 years on this planet finds in any way good looking.

You want a guy to like you, eat a meal, develop a fun personality, and don't be so desperate because that turns guys off. If you never meet another guy live your life like it doesn't matter because you never have a guarantee that you are going to meet a guy and if you don't why bother worrying about it.
    utsargaepd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Comment on Illusion's post
    Very appropriate
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 03:25 PM
    "Emland agrees: Don't you just love the schizophrenic women's magazines that put in bold print "Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days" on top of a photo of a chocolate cake?"

LOL. That's so funny but also so true. It's absolutely absurd what these magazines and for that matter the entire celebrity media try to pass of as "normal" or even as something desirable. If I had a girlfriend that looked like Hillary Duff or the Olsen Twins I'd be afraid to touch her because I might break her. I see these models that the media hold up as desirable and I could go to any public place right and find 99% if not the full 100% that I'd rather be with then the walking corpses. If I take a girl to dinner I expect her to eat and keep it down. Call me old fashioned I guess.

Your absolutely right they throw all this food that people crave but then tell you about a diet that doesn't work anyway. ARGH it frustrates me so much when I see young girls... and guys for that matter think that they have to look a certain way. In the end it will ALWAYS be a positive, outgoing, fun personality that wins every time. Look Anna Nicole Smith was gorgeous, rich, and famous and by all accounts couldn't surround herself with anybody that actually gave a damn about her personally, or at least at some level to step in and say enough is enough you need help. I know young Bailee doesn't see it right now, and in fact many celebrities can't even see but both celebrities and high school is about as fake as it gets. I've dated some beautiful women and I've dated some women others (as in not me) didn't find so attractive. I will take a fun girl over a "good looking" girl any day of the week. And the thing is I'm not alone, despite what guys may say or even do in the short term, in the long term we'd rather have someone fun to be around that someone that is boring, self indulged, or PO'ed all the time but happens to look good.

In the end I think what Bailee is seeing is the fakeness of high school combined with the fakeness of Hollywood combined with the fakeness of the media and she's getting this false impression about life and men (not to be confused with boys, which at 16 is who she's probably seeing) and what we want out of a woman.

And another thing, if you were 400 lbs there are men that like women that big. So if you are that big then just be proud of who you are accept it and date guys that find that attractive. There are always guys that find certains kinds of girls attractive... except the guys that find sticks with skins. No guy that I'm aware of thinks that's hot. In fact if you live in a Western Country (ie not a third world country) and you look as bad as some of those people that don't eat for a few days then I, as a guy, think you must be one stupid, ignorant woman not to enjoy a meal and there's no way I'd want to get close to that. No offense to those of you that are naturally skinny with your high metabolism. But that's different that starving yourself.

Sorry for the book but I just started typing and out it came.
    rachelC Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are hot sh*t. keep telling yourself over and over again until you believe it. Be cocky, be over confident, keep telling yourself that you are the best and you deserve the best. You will get treated the way you treat yourself. So treat yourself like a en princess and others will treat you the same. :] but don't go overboard once you've gotten your confidence up to a certain level. Then you're just being stupid. Good luck, feel goodd about ureslf!
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Girls always think they're ugly. Here's the problem: A) We don't know what you look like. B) Even if we did, anyone who'd actually be rude enough to call you ugly should be kicked out of the forum.

Its not about being something you're not: it's about doing the best with what you have. Sooner or later, if you learn to love yourself for who you are, you will meet someone who loves you for yourself. Looks don't matter so much--the older you get the more you realize this.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by steviebeezie
    Girls always think they're ugly. Here's the problem: A) We don't know what you look like. B) Even if we did, anyone who'd actually be rude enough to call you ugly should be kicked out of the forum.

Its not about being something you're not: it's about doing the best with what you have. Sooner or later, if you learn to love yourself for who you are, you will meet someone who loves you for yourself. Looks don't matter so much--the older you get the more you realize this.
    So true.

Some guys like heavy women.
    Some guys like short women.
    Some guys like tall women.
    Some guys like Black women.
    Some guys like Asian women.
    Some guys like Red Heads.
    Some guys like Blondes.
    Some guys like Brunettes.
    Some guys like intelligent women.
    Some guys like women that talk all the time.
    Some guys like women who are quiet.

I personally like them all.

None of us guys like a immature, bitter, angry, hate filled, self loathing, walking corpse.
    donotrun Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bailee
    I feel so ugly. I dont think anyone likes me. ( boys ) I get boyfriends and every thing ,but it never lasts to long. Am I really that ugly ? y doesnt anyone like me. I have very good hygene so whats up ? Will I ever have a steady boyfriend ?

Find what you believe in and live it. The beauty should be in how you feel about yourself, that reflects in you, also to feel better about yourself you can fix your hair, nails and dressing nice helps everyone. Look for what you like to do and do it. Have high hopes for the future. Don't bother with what people might think, that does not help, the important thing is that you be happy. Boyfriends should not be one for every year even if you are young. I suggest you ocupy your time on hobbies, study and research or reading, even sports. The right boyfriend will eventually come along. Don't worry about these things to worry will not solve a thing. Live one day at a time.
    althena Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Speaking as someone who is trying to remember/learn this myself... another thing that isn't attractive to any (healthy) man is a woman that constantly needs to be reassured that she's attractive/wanted/loved. Once n' awhile isn't a big deal but if you're someone that is looking for validation or needs to get yourself esteem from someone else.. that's a relationship killer.

There's SO much more to a relationship than what you look like. I didn't get that when I was younger, and I'm still learning it now. But... there are many reasons a relationship doesn't work. Least of all that it just isn't a good match chemistry, timing, personality or maturity-wise.

Just keep working on you... learning about you.. loving you. (as trite as all of that sounds). The relationship thing will work itself out while you're living your best life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hey this is pretty cool [ 5 Answers ]

This pretty cool I just stumbled into this site and see people just ask a question and somebody answers it. Well I guess I'd like to know what you guys see in my future, career, love life. Thanks a lot.

Pretty feet [ 1 Answers ]

I have warts and calluses on the bottom of my feet and my heels are very rough. Could it be hereditary since my parents both have this? It still makes me self conscious even though I have a pedicure and from the top you cannot really see the roughness. What can I do to have pretty, soft feet and...

Am I still pretty? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my lover for 5 years and one year married, when he met me I was almost 65 lbs thinner than what I am now, although I am 6'2 now I hold my weight very very well, My husband says that I am beautiful and he doesn't want me to change anything about me, I still get worried that...

Pretty Lady please help-hair subject [ 3 Answers ]

Hi PrettyLady I'm new here and I start making some reserch and it seems that You are the most educated person here about cosmetology subject so I decided to write this massage to You. : My problem: I have bleached hair ,the color is almost white .My natural color is cool medium brown that's the...

Looking Pretty [ 4 Answers ]

I'm known as a geek in school b.c of my smarts.. and also the popular girls say I'm beautiful... I don't think so.. but everyone is jealous b.c of my looks but I don't dress to make myself pretty and I have brown hair layers and length is a little lower than my shoulders... n I have big dark red...

View more questions Search