Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danu72315 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 10:23 PM
    fundamentals of finance
    If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long will it take for you to double your money?

John Roberts has $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and he plans to contribute an additional
    $5,000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual
    return of 12 percent. If John’s goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years will it take for John to reach his goal?

What is the future value of a 5-year ordinary annuity that promises to pay you $300 each year?
    The rate of interest is 7 percent.

What is the future value of a 5-year annuity due that promises to pay you $300 each year? Assume
    that all payments are reinvested at 7 percent a year, until Year 5.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 21, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Try and answer these first. We can't help you until you attempt these :).
    Danu72315 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 12:22 AM
    1. It would take approximately a 11 years.

2. there's just no way I can get this I have tried and tried.

3. . $1,725.22

4. $1,845.99

Is this right? I am really at a loss when it comes to financial management. I am trying my best I have been over and over these questions and keep coming up with a different answer each time. Thanxs for the advice. Hopefuly you will help me now. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance [ 2 Answers ]

As a financial officer, you must determine which project your company should accept. The projects are mutually exclusive and the net present value (NPV) calculations for each take into account the project’s risk. Indicate which project (A or B) you would recommend and explain your reasons for this...

View more questions Search