Ask
    jglamorous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 08:11 PM
    DNA test while pregnant
    Can You Have A Dna Test While Pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 08:15 PM
    It is not normally done, there would have to be extreme reasons to do such a medical procedure. The normal procedure is to have the test done after the baby is born.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 20, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I don't think so, but technology changing daily!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
    It is possible but I highly doubt that any dr that can be afforded by the general populace would be willing to risk the procedure. You would have to run a needle through the amniotic sac and into the baby and there is no garentee that the baby would move and break the needle. This being said... It is much better to wait until birth for any dna testing. I would not risk it for the baby.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 08:29 PM
    No. The simple answer is wait until the baby is born.

Like others said it is possible but at the risk of your health and the health of the baby. Miscarriages being the greatest risk.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

Dose he have to take the Dna test? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 18 and I'm 4mnths pregnant I told my boyfriend that I was pregnant when I found out... thinking that he would be happy he wasn't... I found out that he's still with his ex girlfriend which is his sons mother!! So he's with her right now and he doesn't want her to find out my child is his...

Forced DNA test? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am not sure if this is where this question should be, but if not I am sure the moderators will adjust it for me:) My plan is: I am planning on looking for my biological father. I have never seen him, and it's a possibility he doesn't know I exist. My mom says he does, but her story...

Dna test says I am not the father [ 3 Answers ]

I met a girl 10 months ago, a few weeks after we met she tells me she is pregnant. I was not overjoyed but resigned myself to becoming a Dad. Bought all the baby cloths cots, buggy, car chairs etc. Baby was born on 10/11/06, she moved out 1 week later with all the stuff I bought, not tells me she...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search