Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunstateshirley Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Seller's closing costs
    What closing costs are the seller's. What costs are negotiable?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2007, 03:48 PM
    I think the buyer is liable for all closing costs, inspection, etc...
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Whether the seller or the buyer is responsible for closing costs is something that depends on the traditions of the area and what the parties have negotiated.

In NJ it is traditional for the buyer to pay all of the closing costs except for the realty transfer fee, which is the tax paid to the state at the time of recording of the deed. The seller usually pays for that by way of deduction from the sale proceeds.

In other areas it is common for the seller to pay for the buyer's title insurance policy, but not the lender's title policy.

Other times the seller will offer to pay the buyer's closing costs as an inducement for the sale, particularly when it's a buyer's market rather than a seller's market.

The best way to find out the tradition in your area is to call a local realtor and ask them.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
    LisaB is correct. Some closing costs are written into the purchase contract but may be possible to negotiate. Most closing costs are dictated by what is customary in the area of the property. You should survey several realtors and title companies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed costs vs. Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please check my answers. -Classify each of the following items of factory overhead as either a fixed or a variable cost. (Include any costs you consider to be semivariable within the variable category) a. Indirect labor- fixed costs could be variable under certain circumstances b....

Closing costs and fees [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking into 2 mortages and would like to know if they have closing cost like a regular mortgage application.

Closing costs? [ 3 Answers ]

We Are About To Refinance,the Total Would Be 185.000 We Would Like A 30yr Fixed With No Points At 6.5% We Don't Know What The Closing Costs Will Be.does Anyone Know Approx How Much It Would Be.

Deducting some closing costs from taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Nine months ago we bought a house. We are first time home buyers. I am itemizing deductions. My question is can we claim TITLE INSURANCE, MUNICIPAL LIEN CERTIFICATE, RECORDING FEES, SURVEY OBTAIN/REVIEW SURVEY, RECORDING FEES DEED (which are part of closing costs) from our taxes. Thanks for...

View more questions Search