Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nidhima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
    I just cant get over my ex!
    Hey people

I had the perfect relationship with a great guy... but around 2 yrs back I broke up with him over a fight. He tried to get back with me but I refused, as I was still angry and was not sure what to do at that point. We still remained close and used to talk everyday till last yr, when suddenly he told me he has asked some girl. He said he didn't love her--just that she's a nice person and good looking too--n he thot mayb they could have something together. I was shocked since he never mentioned about her ever in our conversations!. we fought a lot about it, and finally stopped talking. But I still don't seem to get over him and the whole thing.
    I have been depressed for almost a whole yr--n literally killed my time--but this whole episode still hurts. Many guys have asked me out after him--n I did try to date two of them--but after 2-3 dates itself I start becoming sick of them
    I really want to get over the past--n become happy again
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
    You really need closure. You should talk to someone - maybe a counselor - a year is a long time to hold on to that kind of pain.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
    HMmm there is no time limit on anything. I thought I was in love with my best mate for two and a half years. We spent practically every waking moment together. Anyway we grew apart and spent less time together and eventually we fell out. Well anyway needless to say It took a while but I got over that along time ago. Haven't spoken for over a year now, It would be nice to hear from them but It really doesn't bother me at all if they do or don't.

It helped finding someone else which I did do who is now my ex *only lasted 6 months lol but hey. Its harder when you were in a physical and closer relationship than a friend but keep yourself busy, doing things you love, one day you'll find their no longer in your thoughts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
    That much thinking about someone who has moved on can't be good, and since you having problems letting go you may need a counselor to help you through that process. Start with your doctor and see what he says. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search