Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnb314 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
    RSD-- my 12 yr old sister was just diagnosed
    My little sister was diagnosed with RSD a few weeks ago. She had been in severe pain for over a month and could not walk because the pain was so bad. It started with just a spot in her leg and within a week or two it spread from her foot to the top of her hip. She went to doctor after doctor and was finally diagnosed. The doctors do not have very much information on this disease and can only take it a day at a time. She is only twelve years old and is having a really hard time dealing with this. She can only go to 2 classes a day and has a tutor for the rest, she has physical therapy at the hospital 3 times a week, she's on anti-depressats to help with the nerves, and morphine to help her pain. We're still not seeing much of a difference and are afraid this may not get better. The doctors say that some people get it and within a few months are fine and some people are never cured..

My family is currently falling apart. My mom is beomcing depressed and can't deal with the fact that my sister is always in critical pain. My whole family has had a lot of medical problems, but my moms a nurse and always knows when it's something major and is so good about pursuing things until they find what's wrong. If anyone has any suggestions about the disease and how to help my sister or how to keep my family together as we're all going through this really hard time I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
    I am so sorry to hear that your sister is going through this. It is terrible to year of a young one going through such pain.

A good website for this is www.rsds.org

It is very helpful and very informative.

My thoughts are with you, and I wish you and your family the best of luck.
    tnb314 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Thanks so much for your sweet response. I have been on this site and I agree it is very informative, I think this is the best site for RSD out there.

Thanks for your time and consideration :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
    If you need any other help, please do not hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer, I will try and find out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son just diagnosed with "diabetes 1".feel very upset [ 12 Answers ]

My 15 yr.old healthy son, was suddenly diagnosed with Diabetes 1. I have spent the past 11 days in the hospital with him, and I am feeling very overwhelmed, very shocked, sad, anxious and upset. This happened very suddenly. He was losing weight very fast, every day I noticed that he was looking...

My sister [ 4 Answers ]

I need a answer to a problem with my sister. Our parents are both gone. My brother is 8 years older, my sister is 4 years older. We are all late middle-aged. For twenty years, my sister and I and our families have lived in the same large city, very close in proximity. My brother lives across...

Son diagnosed deaf at 17 months [ 4 Answers ]

My little son of 17 months was diagnosed deaf where from here? We do not have a medical aid how do I start a fund for him? :confused:

Sister [ 5 Answers ]

:-[Hi, Could someone tell me what they think about this dream? OK here go's, I was trying to get a hold of my sister by phone but she did not leave me a phone number and she moved, I then tried looking for her in my car, all of a sudden, there was a small child in the car, she wanted to learn...

View more questions Search