Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rckhsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
    vinyl reinforced concrete as underlayment
    Would vinyl reinforced concrete be okay to use as an underlayment for carpet? :confused: I have a basement room that has an uneven floor. There is as much as a 1 1/4 inch variance within 5'. :mad: The high area runs through the middle of the room so I was planning on just leveling the half that is opposite the door and letting the original floor gently slope toward the door as it is now. This is the only room in the basement that is not yet finished. I'll be pouring about a 6' x 11' area a median 1/2 inch thick, the thickest being 1 1/4", but I read that this type concrete should only be used for small patch repairs. Thanks for your help.:)
    roundmonkeylover Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Vinyl concrete.. It sounds like you're trying to level off your floor, so I guess you want a levelling screed. Sand-cement screeds should be a minimum 2" thick so you should try a pouring screed - have a look at Floor Underlayments by Hacker Industries Inc. - underlayment - 800.642.3455 they have a range of products (and a selecter chart) which I think is are what you're looking for.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a smooth underlayment for Linoleum flooring [ 14 Answers ]

Hello again! I am planning to install linoleum flooring in my kitchen, for that super retro look. :) The installation instructions stress that the underlayment must be as SMOOTH as possible. Any indentations or imperfections will show through the linoleum. My underlayment is plywood, CDX...

Tile Underlayment in Bathroom. [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a cast iron toilet flange that sticks up approximately 1" after old tile/mortar removal, I need to build up an underlayment. The subfloor is 3/4" plywood 16" oc. I am thinking about putting down a 5/8 layer of plywood and than 1/4 cement backerboard to get level with flange for tiling....

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

Subfloor?underlayment for tile floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bathroom and have replaced some rotten subflooring (1 x 12 planks). Now I want to install a tile floor. Should I affix cementboard directly to my subfloor or do I need a layer of plywood? Should I use mortar to attach the cementboard to the subfloor/plywood? Thanks!

Vinyl flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to install vinyl flooring directly on top of a cement slab.

View more questions Search