Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fortenberry 3000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Electronics TV, vcr, dvd, satellite connections
    :electronics: I'm having problems connecting everything back up.
    I have a orion vcr, rca dvd/vcr recorder, and a direct TV receiver and they were all connected before with coaxial cables and a signal splitter. Help please.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
    You'll want to connect your direct TV receiver to the dvd/vcr recorder. Since you have a dvd/vcr recorder already, you can leave out the orion vcr.

What you need is to connect the audio video (a/v) output from the direcTV receiver to the a/v inputs on the recorder. Then connect the a/v output on the recorder to your TV.

For the interconnections, you have a choice, depending on what connectors are on the back of each device.

Satellite coax cable to the RF in on the receiver. Now the receiver will have at least a yellow, red and white RCA connectors.

Connect these RCA's to the corresponding RCA inputs on the recorder.

Now depending on what kind of inputs you have on your TV, you can connect another set of RCA cables from the recorder output to your TV.

If your TV doesn't have RCA inputs, then you can connect a coaxial cable from the recorder's TV out (or RF OUT) to the Ant. IN on the TV.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Excellent info above.
    If you are Duplicating VCR Tapes then, have your VCR out, to DVD/VCR with RCA
    Cables(Red, white and yellow)

If you ae using Composite, HDMI, S-Video, or not RCA, then check out:
    Welcome to Monster®
    And select "Home Theatre Connection Guide"
    BEEBE617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I have an one of the old RCA 27' TV, which doesn't have a lot of options for connections. I have Comcast digital cable connected to the TV, but can't figure out how to connect my dvd/vrc player. Can you help me by telling me the simplest way to get it done. I am a 50 year old female trying to do this connection on my own. I know about yellow, red, white connectors. Can this be done with just these lines?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 11:03 AM
    As far as connecting new DVD's with old TV's. One solution, is a modulator,(have got them from dollar store for $12.00)
    Hook up the red, white, and yellow(Right, left and video) to modulator, has a cable fitting
    Which, with cable, connects to your TV, and a switch that will allow you to choose channel 3 or 4 for output. Then put TV on Channel 3 or 4.
    Recording VCR to VCR?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connections for dvd recorder to dvr [ 4 Answers ]

HELP! HELP! I have a dvd recorder that I want to connect to my cable dvr.I have triedvarious hook ups and all I get is a scarmbled picture no sound.my TV is an older model with no s video.I need answers in plain terms. I am electronically challenged.I know this can be done,I had it hooked up before...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Connecting TV,vcr and satellite [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my TV,vcr and dish network monitor?

View more questions Search