Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgrsweetmon123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Missed Period
    I am 18 and still a virgin. And I just started taking these diet pills because I have gained over 30 pounds since being out of high school. I missed my period and I don't know what could have caused it. Please help?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
    It could be the weight gain that caused you to miss your period. Or it is even possible that the diet pills caused this. Stress can cause this also.

You do not mention your age, but age can play a factor in missed periods also.
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 21, 2007, 08:20 AM
    My gyno told me it's quite normal for women between the ages of 18-19 to have missed periods, no idea why but it's been said by others.

I think the real concern is that you're on diet pills.
    :( Not good for your body at all!
    I would rather be overweight then take something that is going to contribute to heart failure.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Weight loss and weight gain will cause you to skip periods and so will stress. Sometimes diet pills do cause stress as well. If you miss one period you are fine, mostly everyone will miss a priod once in a while but you should consult a doctor if you miss more than 3 consecutive periods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period [ 7 Answers ]

I have missed my period by 10 days. Did pregnancy test 4 times in these 10 days but it is negative. Even went to a doc and they did my blood test- that too negative. My hb is a lilttle low and doc gave me progestrone tablets for 5 days. The 5 day course is over but I have still not got my periods....

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since nov 27, 2006 and I have taken over 10 hpt and all have been negative. I have even went to the clinic and taken tests and still negative but I have all the signs. I get sick every mornin and my stomach hurts every night like how I would fell if I had my period. I get...

Missed Period [ 1 Answers ]

I have missed my period for the past two months, but have taken several pregnancy tests, all of which were negative. I haven't changed anything about my diet, weight, or medications. I recently started a new job and have been stressed, but things have calmed down a great deal recently. Not to...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

View more questions Search