Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 20, 2007, 05:52 AM
    This is my story about Cutting.I want people to know what it was like.
    You ask what's cutting? Cutting is when a person uses a sharp object (razor) to cutt their arms or wrists or any other part of their body. Because of depression, self hate or anything else that would drive someone to hurt themselves. It's very much an addiction. Those who cutt feel better when cutting. As if they are releasing the anger they have and venting it on themselves. We know this is unhealthy and very dangerous, but they do not. Those who cutt and are honestly cutting, need to get help. They could very well kill themselves in this manner. It's nothing to take lightly that's for sure.
    As for myself, when I was in school I was made fun of everyday for who I liked for who I was. My parent's weren't there for me and my father was somewhat abusive to me. I felt I had no one, all the friends I thought I had wheren't true friends so I was alone. I had no one to talk to and no where to go. The boyfriend's I had weren't there for me either. Some life I had. I wa always told I'd never amount to anything and that I was garbage. Always made fun of by people who knew nothing about me. Cutting made me feel like I was doing to myself what I deserved. Because clearly I was hated. It made me feel somewhat better too, but it was a false feeling. I wanted to hurt myself. Why not every one else did. I've never cutt my wrists, only my arms. Never enough to get stitches either. I did it just enough to burn. One day someone saw the cutts at school and I was forced to talk to the guidance office. I'd always use the lie that my cat scratched me. When I met my fiancé, I was cutting. He did drugs- not because he was hoocked, but just because he liked it. He and I both agreed that the drugs and cutting needed to go. This was hard for me, and I think I may have cutt once or twice after the pact. But mainly I didn't want to lose him due to myself mutalation. So we made a pact to never do those things again. We haven't. It's been about 3 years. There has been time's I have thought about cutting, but I know what would happen if I did. I get depressed nearly everyday and we have arguments sometime's. But I'm alive and I guess I'm lucky that didn't get worse. I'm lucky to be here, I could have done far worse to myself. I still hate myself, I still don't like to be around people I don't know-fear they'll poke fun at me. I still hate everyone I went to school with, I still haven't done anything with my life why should I it's not like I'm any good at anything. Or like I'll succeed. --For those whose comment's are to try to change my opinion about myself, save those comment's because it's all been heard. I don't listen to it anymore. It's not going to help. This is for those who have cutted, or those who don't understand it or just for anyone to listen.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 05:58 AM
    This is why I'm an advocate for good parenting. It all stems from there.
    Hope you can get through all that anger and hate, this ain't a bad life once you do.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 20, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Well to clear up for everyone, my parent's didn't know how to be parnet's. As soon as I hit 12ish I was on my own. My mother was always too busy or didn't feel like talking to me. Mostly she didn't know what to tell me. She is now in a home for mental people with altizmer's and she has Pick's. Link-- https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...cks-54132.html Anyway, my father was mean and nasty all the time. He'd call me names, pull my hair or break my belongings. He always expected me to do too much. He went as far as having a cow bell for me. He and I didn't speak for awhile, but he's trying to make a mend for the past. I'm still finding it hard to forgive every time I see him. So that's my parent's.
    kjl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    You ask what's cutting? Cutting is when a person uses a sharp object (razor) to cutt their arms or wrists or anyother part of their body. Becasue of depression, self hate or anything else that would drive someone to hurt themselves. It's very much an addiction. Those who cutt feel better when cutting. As if they are releasing the anger they have and venting it on themselves. We know this is unhealthy and very dangerous, but they do not. Those who cutt and are honestly cutting, need to get help. They could very well kill themselves in this manner. It's nothing to take lightly that's for sure.
    As for myself, when i was in school i was made fun of everyday for who i liked for who i was. My parent's weren't there for me and my father was somewhat abusive to me. I felt i had no one, all the friends i thought i had wheren't true friends so i was alone. I had no one to talk to and no where to go. The boyfriend's i had weren't there for me either. Some life i had. I wa always told i'd never amount to anything and that i was garbage. Always made fun of by ppl who knew nothing about me. Cutting made me feel like i was doing to myself what i deserved. Because clearly i was hated. It made me feel somewhat better too, but it was a false feeling. I wanted to hurt myself. Why not every one else did. I've never cutt my wrists, only my arms. Never enough to get stitches either. I did it just enough to burn. One day someone saw the cutts at school and i was forced to talk to the guidence office. I'd always use the lie that my cat scratched me. When i met my fiance, i was cutting. He did drugs- not because he was hoocked, but just becasue he liked it. He and i both agreed that the drugs and cutting needed to go. This was hard for me, and i think i may have cutt once or twice after the pact. But mainly i didn't want to lose him due to my self mutalation. So we made a pact to never do those things again. We haven't. It's been about 3 years. There has been time's i have thought about cutting, but i know what would happen if i did. I get depressed nearly everyday and we have arguments sometime's. But i'm alive and i guess i'm lucky that didn't get worse. I'm lucky to be here, i could have done far worse to myself. I still hate myself, i still don't like to be around ppl i don't know-fear they'll poke fun at me. I still hate everyone i went to school with, i still haven't done anything with my life why should i it's not like im any good at anything. Or like i'll succeed. --For those whose comment's are to try to change my opinion about myself, save those comment's because it's all been heard. I don't listen to it anymore. It's not going to help. This is for those who have cutted, or those who don't understand it or just for anyone to listen.
    In my opinion... cutting is only really dangerous if you are doing it somewhere where you could hit a main vain. If you are only cutting the skin, its not all that bad. Although I'm sure there is a better way to deal with problems and emotions.
    babydestinysmommy Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2007, 07:44 PM
    You covered only one aspect of cutting. I was a cutter for years and my reasons were completely different than yours. The story starts with a similar beginning.. the disfunctional family and the hatred and pain I felt. I cut not cause I hated myself but, because I was so mad at everyone and afraid to open up that anger I felt towards other upon them. Instead I would cut myself. Never with razors.. never to the point where my life was in danger. It would be with thumb tacks or sowing needles. I would go over and over the areas until I became numb. As sick and twisted as that may seem whenever I cut I would be emotionally numb. I never did it to draw attention to myself. So many people automatically assume that when cutters cut themselves it is to draw attention to them. I would do it in places no one but me could see... I was ashamed I did it but had an almost compulsion for the numb state it produced. The world and bull that came along with it would go away. I stopped years ago and honestly don't have the urge no longer. It was a matter of becoming comfortable with myself and loving myself as corney as that sounds. I understand your pain. Just know your past doesn't decide your future and you are in control of your feelings and actions not nobody else. As far as your realationship with your Father. I would try to make ammends with him. If you don't your never going to have any sense of closure and it may haunt you for the rest of your life. I say this to you from personal experience. My mother was mentally ill and an alcoholic... My father a child molester.. my step father an abusive drunk. At the age of 4 my mom once punished me for saying duh.. by putting a cigarette out on my shouldar. For years I endured physical sexual and emotional abuse. I remember being called porkchop till I was 7 because I was chubby. They even went so far as to do it in front of all my friends in the girl scouts. It was bad.. really bad. I got taken by the state when I was 11. Until then I had no idea there was anything different than what I was expreiencing. I hated my Mom. Later down the road I mad contact with her and we still had a horrible relationship. It took me becoming an adult and actually sticking up for myself to her for her to respect me. After that it was never spoke of again but I knew deep down she was sorry and I honestly don't think she understood how badly the crap she did to me in life influenced me and bothered me. I even moved her into my home and took care of her when she became sick. When she passed I could actually say that her and I had been through a lot but were for once actually close. It hurt when I lost her. Anyway, take care of you... and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to hit me up okay. And no I don't pity you or no crap like that.. lol. We all need someone to vent to every once in a while...
    halfpint27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Hi Raynefreek I've have the same problem it started when I was 15 I didn't have any friends in school eather except 2 but one of thim would steel from me she was un popular to .it all started in the 2 grade that ehen people started making fun of me over the years it got warse by jr. high some body told me they wish I was dead that the school would through a huge party bacouse they all would be so glad I was gone no boys wanted to go out with me they started making fun of my mom bacouse she was over weight and my dad would call me stupid and clumsey ulse all the time bacouse I didn't make good grades in school and I was always doing stupid stuff and I would axcedentally break something or hurt myself and I felt I didn't have a life bacouse all I did was go to schol do homework and clean house you see my dad believed it was the kids job to clean the house bacouse they paid the bills put food on the table and clothed us and put a roff over head we wasn't allowed to go any were unless the house was clean I could clean and clean and not get now were it was flusttraitingby the 9th grade I couldn't handle it any more that's when I started cutting myself but I did not use a razer blade I used a knife and I just didn't cut myself I would find other ways to hurt myself to now I'm 26 years old and I'm married to a wonder ful man I have a son and 2 years ago I had a little gril but she died 2 hours after she was born and I'm pragnet again due in September un like you I still cut myself or I find some way to hurt myself it's tuff I still have house cleaning problems I can clean and clean and not get no were I know if I don't keep aclean house I could loose my family bacouse some one turned us in once before and they came and invesgated and I don't want state to take my kids or my husband to leave me over it we've been together for 9 years married for 7 I love him my husband don't know I still do it but some times things get so flustraed at myself bacouse I can't clean house or keep a job and I'm always doing stupid stuff that couses stuff to break or couses people to get flustrated with me some times I just want to go away disappare and let my husband find a better wife and mother for our kids they desirve so much better than me and other people won't have to put with me eather when I get to the point some times were I think adout leaving my family so they can find someone a hole better than me part of me wants to stay part of me to put my family out of their misery. It relives stress and helps me to deal with the pain and after words I ant think adout leaving. People tell me I need help I have depression they think that why I have troubles cleaning house and that's why I have troubles around people you see I don't hang around people hardley at all unless they come to my house and if theirs more than 2 people their at a time I I have to hide out in my room or leave my house people think I don't like them but that's not true I don't know why I do this. When you used to cut yourself did it scare you. I bothers me bacouse I don't only cut myself I burn myself or find other ways to hurt myself your right it like a addiction in my case I'm getting so fed up with my life I think I'm going to get help from a phscitrest or a therpist bacouse I want to have leave no more scairs on my body and I don't want it to get out of control I have a filling that's what's going to happen if I don't and I'm 6 mounths prag. It's dagurous and I want to put my baby at risk.
    halfpint27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Hi Raynefreek I've have the same problem it started when I was 15 I didn't have any friends in school eather except 2 but one of thim would steel from me she was un popular to .it all started in the 2 grade that ehen people started making fun of me over the years it got warse by jr. high some body told me they wish I was dead that the school would through a huge party bacouse they all would be so glad I was gone no boys wanted to go out with me they started making fun of my mom bacouse she was over weight and my dad would call me stupid and clumsey ulse all the time bacouse I didn't make good grades in school and I was always doing stupid stuff and I would axcedentally break something or hurt myself and I felt I didn't have a life bacouse all I did was go to schol do homework and clean house you see my dad believed it was the kids job to clean the house bacouse they paid the bills put food on the table and clothed us and put a roff over head we wasn't allowed to go any were unless the house was clean I could clean and clean and not get now were it was flusttraitingby the 9th grade I couldn't handle it any more that's when I started cutting myself but I did not use a razer blade I used a knife and I just didn't cut myself I would find other ways to hurt myself to now I'm 26 years old and I'm married to a wonder ful man I have a son and 2 years ago I had a little gril but she died 2 hours after she was born and I'm pragnet again due in September un like you I still cut myself or I find some way to hurt myself it's tuff I still have house cleaning problems I can clean and clean and not get no were I know if I don't keep aclean house I could loose my family bacouse some one turned us in once before and they came and invesgated and I don't want state to take my kids or my husband to leave me over it we've been together for 9 years married for 7 I love him my husband don't know I still do it but some times things get so flustraed at myself bacouse I can't clean house or keep a job and I'm always doing stupid stuff that couses stuff to break or couses people to get flustrated with me some times I just want to go away disappare and let my husband find a better wife and mother for our kids they desirve so much better than me and other people won't have to put with me eather when I get to the point some times were I think adout leaving my family so they can find someone a hole better than me part of me wants to stay part of me to put my family out of their misery. It relives stress and helps me to deal with the pain and after words I ant think adout leaving. People tell me I need help I have depression they think that why I have troubles cleaning house and that's why I have troubles around people you see I don't hang around people hardley at all unless they come to my house and if theirs more than 2 people their at a time I I have to hide out in my room or leave my house people think I don't like them but that's not true I don't know why I do this. When you used to cut yourself did it scare you. I bothers me bacouse I don't only cut myself I burn myself or find other ways to hurt myself your right it like a addiction in my case I'm getting so fed up with my life I think I'm going to get help from a phscitrest or a therpist bacouse I want to have leave no more scairs on my body and I don't want it to get out of control I have a filling that's what's going to happen if I don't and I'm 6 mounths prag. It's dagurous and I want to put my baby at risk.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 23, 2007, 03:07 AM
    I used to cut, on the arms but not the wrist. It was during a deep depression, not caused really by anything except loneliness and self hate.
    Today I have began cutting again, but not just the arms. Chest and stomach as well.
    Good parenting isn't enough to prevent depression, hugs are important, love and kindness and friends are important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people assume that Wicca is satanic and that I'm going to hell! [ 75 Answers ]

I'd love to know why people think if your wiccan your going to hell, or that you're a sananist. From my experience (I was brought up christian) christian's look down upon the wiccan and or pagan religion's. Because it's not following ''god's'' will. Thus, were (wiccan's and or pagan's going to...

Why do people ''think'' they are tolerant, when they're not? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does people say that they are tolerant and not rasist of other's religion's when they aren't? I recently opened a topic on ''Why do people assume that wicca's evil'' or something to that extent. Many of the people who replied were christians. I know that there are other's who share the same...

!Showtime people! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok The Goth girl is willing 2 hang out with me but... "She Said Treat Me Right". I never dated a Goth girl before. But the past relationships I have worked out well. Any suggestions on where to bring the Goth girl 2 eat, a good movie 2 watch etc... By The Way Her Name Is ;) Jenny;) . I got some...

I need to know what ogther people would do . [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been having a lot of problems... all we do is fight and argue... I hate it and I can't do it anymore... he quit his job lost his house and let his car go back he knows I'm pregnant and he dose this and then acts like I don't have a right to get mad at him and he hit me the...

View more questions Search