Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Burning DVD
    Why do some DVD that you burned play OK on the computer, but
    On the DVD player some parts breakup or you have sound distortions.
    Not all, just some. Is it from the source or the burning process?
    Isn't there software that could screen the DVD
    Before you burn it for irregularities
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I've found that DVD Players are picky about the media they will read from. Certain brands of DVD media will simply just not play on some brands of DVD player. It's best to find abrand that works, and then stick with it.

In my own case - I've found that Maxell DVD's almost always work in my Sony DVD player, but other brands either give me trouble or otherwise aren't readable by the player at all.
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 11:42 PM
    You might want to try another format as well. My Dvd player is allergic to DVD+R Media but everything on DVD-R will work just fine. You also can try burning at a lower pace try doing the same thing you did before just don't burn them at full speed use 1.5x or 2x (I know its anoyingly slow but just humor me). As philly said the brand is importend as well I ussually go for Sony product after using Memorex before and ran into some trouble. Another thing is Double Layer DVD's, they give you more capacity but are not ideal for Videos especially if you have an older DVD Player. If you have the source as a file on your computer and it plays fine there you can rule out a source problem, but if you do some conversion to the files it could cause sound distortions and problems with audio/video sync.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 31, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Just to chime in, I stay away from Memorex.

I have a Toshiba SD4980 that plays just about any brand of media, but Memorex... ehh. Even the cheap bulk no-name ones work well.

IMO, I find the + works the best. (i.e. DVD+R, CD+R, etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is the best cd/vcd/dvd burning tool ? [ 4 Answers ]

Besides Nero, what are the other cd/vcd/dvd burning tools ? Are they freeware ? Which is the best ? Can someone help me ? Thanks !

Burning films to play in dvd players [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Stupid question probably but I have no idea about how to burn films from my PC as mpegs onto a dvd so that I can play it in my dvd player. Dvd player can play mpegs but I don't know what software to use or anything. Really appreciate help here! I have asked many people but my IT friends...

DVD burning using nero... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can you explain me how to make a DVD cd... most of the DVD cd the I've seen there's some menu to choose like per chapter, play the movie etc... and in nero when you choose DVD cd there are two folders the audio and the video why... :confused:

View more questions Search