Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnichols33 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Alternatives when accepting money
    What if three alternatives where offered, which one would you accept? Assuming you could earn 11% annually..

1. 10,000 now

2. 2,000 a year for eight years

3. 24,000 at the end of eight years

Would your answer change if you could receive 12% annually? Why? Or why not?
    bunnyKutty Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Option 1: 10,000 now

Option 2: 2,000 a year for 8 years
    Present value of future cash flows = 2000 * 5.146 (PV factor of an annuity for 8 years @ 11%)
    = $10,292

Option 3: 24,000 at the end of 8 years
    Present value of cah flow = 24,000 * 0.434 (Pv factor of a cash flow for 8 years @ 11 %)
    = $10,416

Option 3 is better as the val;ue of cash flows is greater than the other 2 options.

Now try with 12 % PV factors and see what the answer would be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BK Alternatives [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a point where I have to file BK. What if I do not file BK and let the creditors sue me? What happens in order? Do I have to show up at court each time I get sued? I have no problem if they enter a judgement against me. I live in California. Thanks for your detailed explanations ...

Accepting it's over. [ 13 Answers ]

I was dumped about 2 weeks ago, and I'm having trouble with stage one of a break up: accepting that she is not coming back. Anyone have any tips on how to move on from this "waiting" stage? Is it still TOO early to move on for me and normal to still have this "waiting" state of mind? Any...

Accepting his child [ 5 Answers ]

I'm confused: I recently started to date a great guy. I'm 27 and he's 29. I received an e-mail from a woman that is claiming she is having his baby. I was really upset about it, but at the same time I'm adult enough to look past this. I told her that I already knew about the situation (even though...

Accepting expensive gifts [ 8 Answers ]

I am hesitating whether to accept exensive gifts such as diamond jewellery from a one year old boyfriend even though I like him. I am only 17 and he is 20. Is it okay ? Will there be any implication of this on our friendship. Please advise me whether to accept it, In case advice is to return it...

Accepting Androids [ 11 Answers ]

How would you feel associating with an Android who was virtually indistinguishable from human? I recently read in Scientific American Magazine concerning the psychological reaction people have when in the presence of a machine which is striving to mimic not only human thought processes but also...

View more questions Search