Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
    I'm 15yrs and want a job
    I'm 15 years old, and I have been thinking of getting a job.
    I applied to woolworths which is near my house for nightfill via online application, but they rejected me.
    I am doing tee year 11, so I have to find something that fits with school times
    Anyone have any advice of what I should do>?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 29, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I think in most places you need to be 16 before they can "officially" hire you. Any company large enough to have an HR person will likely dismiss you based on your age.

The best bet in your case would be to go to let your parents, and the parents of your friends, know that you are looking for a job. You could also approach business owners directly and let them know that you are looking for a job.

Because of your age, you'll need to use your connections and people that can vouch for you as your link to finding a job.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Paper round, babysitting, gardening and odd jobs for neighbours (car washing)? Most jobs for 15 year olds pay almost nothing, you might be better biding your time until you're 16. I did a bit of catering at parties at your age, everything was cash in hand, very informal.

Phillysteak is right its all in the connections.

If your not desperate for money try volunteering- you could gain experience which could help you get better jobs in the future- and give you links to paid work. This really worked for me - I ended up with babysitting and mural painting jobs this way.

Good luck and remember don't burn yourself out, you'll regret it later when you can earn double for less work just because you're older. Also school come first and don't let any employers/ promises of riches make you forget it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

I need a job [ 3 Answers ]

Where should I get a job I need one fast

My job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is first time I took this option as I am really desperate . My name is Danish I'm 27 my DOB is 22 July 1979 ,married ,I came to toronto in early age so I could have bright future .well right now I'm very much stuck with my job and my Boss is very ignorant and un mannered person who ...

How do I get a job? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I have finshed skool now and I don't know how to get a job? Where to go and how? Can anyone please help?

New job [ 1 Answers ]

Will I get a new job that I love?

View more questions Search