Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gaiagirl8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 04:31 AM
    7 year old's baby tooth is loose but turning black
    My 7 year old has a loose front tooth that is turning black. Is this normal?
    Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 06:15 AM
    It can be very normal, unless there has been trauma to the tooth recently. Essentially the baby tooth has "died" hence the reason for it turning black, I bet it is more of a grey color, right. It is just not quite ready to fall out yet, but it will when it gets pushed out by the secondary tooth that will replace it.

You can visit your dentist and ask for it to be pulled, but there is no real reason to do this other than for cosmetic purposes. Sometimes our kiddos just get a baby tooth that is too stubborn to fall out.

This happened to my daughter at the age of 4 and her dentist refused to pull it as he said it would be too traumatic for a 4 year old and he just recommended that we let it fall out naturally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 4 year old's father isn't around, how do I tell her why? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was born in 2002 and from the start her father wanted nothing to do with us because he felt as though she was not his. In 2003 I met this great guy who accepted me and my daughter with open arms. We recently ended our relationship in the summer of 2006 which is also the time when I...

Black spots on 8 month old's tongue [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this question on here but have not seen an answer. For it. It goes not seam to bother the baby, just the mother and grandparents.

Inadequate ever since day one.black tooth [ 12 Answers ]

Well I am writing on here cause its private and I can get the opinions from others I can't get from face to face confrontations. I am 21 years old... I know others have it so much worse than I do but frankley I feel pretty low on the totem pole myself. I have never lost anyone close to me I am...

Puppy's Baby Tooth Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I just heard my five-month-old daschund crying, and I checked to see what was wrong.  He was playing with a toy and apparently pulled a tooth out.  I found the little tooth, and it had blood on it.  I checked his mouth, and it's one of his front bottom bicuspids.  It's a little sharp one....

Maple Leave edges turning black [ 2 Answers ]

I have a red maple that is about five years old. The past several years the tree would start with good growth then about midway through the season the edges of the leaves will start turning black. This is occurring at the end of the branches where the new growth is coming out. Will appreciate...

View more questions Search