Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakeia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Foot in the door
    Hello,
    I am in school currently studying criminal justice.I want to be a crime scene analyst but I need to know how I go about getting my feet in the door. I tried looking up the philadelphia morgue but I have not had any success please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
    What level of school are you in? High School? College?

May 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
    I'm currently in college. I will be graduating in the end of December with my associates degree then I will be moving on to a bachelors in criminal justice.
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Try talking to some of your local law enforcement. Does the school you attend not give you any help in locating employment?

May 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
    The school I attend do provide help but that is when you graduate. I wanted to see what it is like before I graduate. Just to get a taste of it.
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I am surprised they don't offer intern ir externships where you can practice your skills.

Your best bet would be to make an appointment with your advisor and ask him/her these questions as they are more familiar with your area and the employment located in your area.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 04:36 PM
    One of my oldest son's friends is graduating with an Associate's degree - he lucked out with a part time job placement during college with the country coroner. He is pursuing his degree in another state and plans on working for the Hennepin County (in MN) coroner's office. A good foot in the door.

If there are no positions at the coroner's office, volunteer your services. You might get the grunt work, but you have to start somewhere. Other places, other than the morgue, are the homicide detective dept of your police and the highway patrol.

Good luck. It is a rewarding job that not everyone has the constitutiion and dedication to detail.
    obssession13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeia
    Hello,
    I am in school currently studying criminal justice.I want to be a crime scene analyst but i need to know how i go about getting my feet in the door. I tried looking up the philadelphia morgue but i have not had any success please help!
    Hey, I'm doing the same thing you are. But I don't do the body thing. What do you want to do? Look up forensic medicine. To work in their you would probable be considered a medical examiner, actually running tests on toxics in the body, COD (cause of death) and go to crime scenes to examine the body. Look up this before what you were trying to look up

Dec 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by obssession13
    hey, im doing the same thing you are. But i dont do the body thing. What do you want to do? Look up forensic medicine. To work in their you would probable be considered a medical examiner, actually running tests on toxics in the body, COD (cause of death) and go to crime scenes to examine the body. Look up this before what you were trying to look up

What are you going for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search