Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roostergirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Having to pay for welfare
    Ok, I will try and make this simple... Man gets woman pregnant, NOT married! Man pays child support, in fact has it taken from his work payroll. W.T. woman refuses to work, goes on welfare, D.E.S decides the man should pay the state back for the welfare and tacks it on to the child support total. Is this right?
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
    It's not right but I know it happens in California.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Is this the welfare that the women received while pregnant before the baby was born ? Not the welfare she received after he started paying the child support. If this welfard is the aid for dependent children and was welfare paid for the unborn child, then yes this is common.

If this is welfare received after child was born and after man is paying the state required child support, no this is not normal.

But the rules on this vary from state to state, each state welfare dept will have their own rules and regs about this.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Hello roo:

No, you're not paying back welfare, you're paying back child support.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CT state welfare programs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had any information on the welfare programs in CT. Im currently looking into a separation and since I'm a stay at home mom and go to school at night. I need to find out if there was a program that would allow me to go to school during the day.. (where I would...

Daughters welfare [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 17month old daughter and up until January 2007 the mother and I were very close. She is an alcoholic. I have reason to believe that she drinks to cope with some abuse that happened to her, this is a little sketchy though. I would have married her but I found it difficult to cope with...

Bd on welfare [ 1 Answers ]

The father of my children beat me to file custody papers, now even though he does not have full custody. I have my kids every weekend and in the minute order the judge said who ever had the kids at the time supports them. Well he has been on welfare for quite a while now and I just learned that...

View more questions Search