Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Finding someone in france.
    Does anyone have any info on how to find people in france?
    I've not seen my dad since I was 10, and before that I was 4, I don't know anything about him apart from his name, approx age as mum would never tell me anything about him.
    I don't want to find him, I just want to find out a bit about him such as his birthday, it would just be something for me to have of my dad, if anyone understands... any info on where to start would be great, thanks... Fix.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
    The internet is a great place to start. I'm sure you've tried, but there's soooo many places to go. Some may require a payment to do a person search. Can you supply a last name? I have a lot of family in UK and France. I can ask them. Your Dad would be my age I imagine. 'Bout 50?
    A hired private detective can get you faster results too. I do hope you find him. I bet it would be the most interesting information you could have ever received!
    I never had children, but you seem very level headed, and your Dad needs to know about you. All the best to you, and good luck in the search.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Looks like by your new sig you're leaving us, fix. If it's true, I wish you the best of luck in getting more info about your dad. I read some of your posts, forgive me for snooping. Anyone growing up through a childhood like yours really impacts their adulthood.
    I should know. I lost 2 mums in my lifetime. Hit me like a ton of bricks when I was 12. Then the lord took another recently. Oh well, life goes on. Stay cool, love.

May 22, 2007, 06:40 AM
    No, I'm not leaving here... it was part of a lynyrd skynyrd song I had in my signature earlier!.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Try telephone directories if you have a town or city Infobel world - Telephone Directories
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Cool! Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave!

May 23, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Funny you should say that haha I have a very slight, OK I have this obsession with the eagles!

May 23, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I'm sure we are taking over the thread with this, I'm probably breaking the rules somewhere lol, yeah my old msn address was eagles-freak haha it ended up getting hacked, I'm sad its gone :-(
    FifthColumn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Hi, I saw your post and it made me very sad... I hope you can find him even if it is to get some closure. You might want to try taking out an ad on Craig's List for France... I've been looking for an old friend from 20 years ago as well... lot's of unsaid things if you know what I mean. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in finding him. Cheers.
    tinsable Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 08:18 AM
    Hi, I saw your post because I googled looking to hire someone in France to find my father as well. My mother as well, absolutely will not cooperate. She raised me very abusively as well. Honestly, I was hoping to see someone pop up with a good lead as to where to get help researching.

I very much agree with the Hotel California song. I feel eternally trapped and can't even access my lineage much less enjoy the "normal" family interactions inherently enjoyed by most other people. Mother had rendered my birth records useless in her attempts to be a "free Soul" from my father. She told me as such.

I wish you well, as I wish all who are in our situation well. I feel that few understand our reality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Travel between us and france [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the law on a french citizen visiting the us (for 3 months) then returning to France. How long before he can return to the US? And what is the best option for him to be able to travel freely to both countries? Is it a visa and how does one go about obtaining one... ...

Travel to France [ 1 Answers ]

Bonjour! I am New Zealander and have a New Zealand passport. I want to travel to Europe and work as a flight attendant. My grandfather was born in France but became a british citizen. Can I apply for a dual passport fro France or something similar?:confused:

France [ 1 Answers ]

The number of republics France has had?

France-US citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

I am a French citizen living in the US . I have been here since I was 6yrs old.Iam married to a US citizen and work as a master plumber here. Iam trying to get info on how to get dual citizensip with the US and France

View more questions Search