Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendityhurst Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Can a 16 yr old change custody
    My husband has a 16 yr old daughter who has 50-50 custody. The daughter was living with us most of the time. She was getting into a lot of trouble and trying to disciple her was getting difficult. We we trying to have rules and her mother was talking trash and underminding us. We had enough and sent her back to her mother full time. Its been a month and we would like to go back to the 50-50 custody. Now the daughter doesn't want to come back and the mother isn't incouranging her too. Is there anything we can do.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 18, 2007, 10:22 AM
    We will need to know if you have a court order for that 50/50 custody or any court order defining a custody/visitation schedule at all.

Courts in most states will take into consideration the desires of a child that age but will certainly not rule solely on it. The overall best interests of the child is what the court will rule in favor of, if the child's wishes fall in that favor then the judge will rule accordingly.

If you have a court order for 50/50 then you can enforce it by taking mom to court for failure to comply. The child simply has no choice about it at this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody or the lack of custody [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I have never gone to court to determine custody. Well he just told me that he is sending my son in a week out of state to his grandmas for 6 weeks. I do not agree with that. Two weeks would have been OK. He already bought the ticket. Is there anyway I can legally stop...

Child custody change [ 2 Answers ]

How old does a child have to be to chose to live with a parent?

Joint custody - name change [ 4 Answers ]

I have joint custody with the ex, and my lawyer advise me to get full custody because I have greater chances in winning since I went against my lawyer got joint what are the chances of getting full now? On top of that he had put a ban that I can't travel anywhere with her, now he is saying that I...

Change in custody [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I just have a question that I wanted to push out and see if anyone has any advise or knowledge in this area. I have full custody of my two kids. I have for 6 years. There father has been in and out of there lives for the last 6 years. He is suppose to only have 30 days of visitation...

Change of custody [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting married to a man who has a 8 year old son. We have been together since he was an infant since the mother divorced him right after the baby was born. For years we have wanted custody and she always says yes and then changes her mind. We had pretty much given up until recently. She has a...

View more questions Search