Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caresw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Account always on the negative
    Our account is always in the negative and we cannot figure out how to get out of the negative and still be able to live week by week. :( Do you have any suggestions?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

May 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Is your accounts frozen? Please explain as to why you are in the negative surely you know what goes in and what checks you write out. You can not write more then you have in your account because if you do you have overdrawn fees Feel free to explain a little better so maybe we can advise you

Slowand easy
    caresw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 12:38 PM
    No our account is not frozen. We are in the negative all the time due to overdrawn fees from bad checks we wrote about 6 months ago. We have our rent taken out of my husbands check, so that is paid for. We have to car payments and of course our monthly bills that are past due because we don't want to write checks to pay them. Some of our bills are on automatic withdrawl, but that cannot be removed because our credit is shot and this is the only way they would allow us to get the insurance and internet for my school. I do make $180.00 a week but that pays for food and gas for the cars. My husband brings home (without rent cause it is taken out automatically) $490.00 a week and our account is always $450 or more in the negative every week. I am at a loss. We have three kids and they all need new shoes and clothes. I am so sick of being broke all the time. If we could just get ahead and out of the negative we would be just fine. Our car broke down and we had to go pawn the xbox just to get the money to fix the car for my husband to drive to work. That just added another bill, that we don't have the money to pay. Any advice will be of great help. Thank you
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
    You need to learn how to budget and balance a checkbook. And live within your means... fix the leaks...

Get some help here and check the links in my sig.

The Truth About Budgeting

We all struggle with this by the way. I still do... it's not unusual.
    multimastery Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Yes you need to seriously learn to budget. You might want to check with your local CCCS - Credit Consumer Counseling Service for Free assistance. There's also a few other debt counseling services available if you do your research. Until you get ahead of your finances you will always be behind. Right now whatever you do, it's best NOT tocumulate any more debt and cut down drastically on your spending -unless it's absolutely necessary.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 22, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Forgot to mention... getting use to using a budget takes time. If you've never done it, you won't master it in 30 days... it may take 6-12 months... so don't get discouraged... keep working on it... :)

These forms can help.

GazelleIntense.com > Budgeting Forms
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

May 22, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Hello caresw
    Sticking to a budget is what you are going to have to do. First see where you can cut corners and use that extra money to pay on your overdrawn bank fees. It is not going to be easy but it can be done Consider getting rid of one car {this will save on Ins and gas}
    Another option is to look at how you spent grocery money Do you have a save a lot or an aldi's store in your area? I shop at these and the food is great! You just have to bag your own stuff Also try thrift stores and the goodwill for your children's clothes They have some nice and new things as well Once you know where your money is going you will be able to manage it better and finally once you get out of the negative and on a good budget start putting a little back each pay day for those little emergencies that life throws at us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean to have negative pressure in your ears?

Is it a positive or a negative? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I took a test today and the results said negative so I put it or the counter and walked away for a couple of hours when I came back it had a very light blue plus so does this mean a negative or a positive? I'm so confussed:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

I have Endometriosis and my GYN recommended me to stay on BC and not stop to have a period. I have done this for 2 years and came off my pills in December to get pregnant. I started having a few pregnancy symptoms and my period is late, but the HPT is negative. What should I do now? Do I wait for...

View more questions Search