Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medical sales 101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Calling on Doctors
    I am looking for anyone with successful experience selling to doctors -such as medical supplies, medical equipment, medical software, etc. what is the best way you have found to set up appts with physicians for a sales presentation.

I need a way to get past the front desk and speak with the doctors for a few minutes. I am in a top market, and there are usually 2-4 pharma reps waiting for signatures and the doctor will only sign for samples and will not meet with other medical reps.

Help!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 18, 2007, 02:06 PM
    1] what you sell must improve
    - health
    - efficiency / revenue
    - be safe / user friendly
    - be affordable

2] be nice / kiss up to the front staff / nurse[es]

3] be honest
    If you don't know something , say so
    Don't make up things just to sell a product

4] doc's are so busy and running behind, so don't take it personally if you can't get a minute to pitch something

5] after hour appointment / cme

6] make it personal - know their likes and dislikes etc... everyone is different
    It may be non medical [ sport, music etc... ]

Good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Donuts, coffee, lunch are used by many, Your personality, and often which company you rep for. And often it is a matter of how much time you are willing to wait, often 40 min to get to see him between patients for 2 to 3 min is about best you are going to get.
    pupalu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by medical sales 101
    I am looking for anyone with successful experience selling to doctors -such as medical supplies, medical equipment, medical software, etc. what is the best way you have found to set up appts with physicians for a sales presentation.

I need a way to get past the front desk and speak with the doctors for a few minutes. I am in a top market, and there are usually 2-4 pharma reps waiting for signatures and the doctor will only sign for samples and will not meet with other medical reps.

Help!
    Some doctors do not see reps, period. I try to find more about the doctor like: is he/she affiliated with any hospital, is he/she the medical director for a certain nursing home/senior facility. Most of the times I partner with another marketing rep and get introduced. It is hard sometimes, but if you visit the office early in the morning or late in the afternoon, you'll get the chance to see the doctor before he/she meets with the first patient or before leaving the office.
    Dr 411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by medical sales 101

Help!
    Looking for contact information on over 900,000 medical professionals across the USA.
    Doctors, dentists, nurses, office managers .

Why choose Dr-411.com

1. We have been providing medical marketing lists for over 10 years to industry leaders
    2. Our data is updated every quarter so information is accurate and consistent
    3. You can customize your list to target the clients you're looking for
    4. Very affordable
    5. Easy to use – works with excel, access and many other programs
    6. Incredible value for any marketing budget.
    7. Use the list as much as you want.
    8. Substantial discounts for repeat customers – refresh your list and enjoy a 30% discount.. forever!

Compile your list by:
    • Specialty - i.e. Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, Geriatrics etc…
    • State – Choose 1 or multiple
    • City
    • Zip Code
    • County
    • Fax
    • email

All it takes is a few minutes and you're customized list is ready to download and use. Tell us how you heard about us and receive 20 % off.

Give us a try – Dr-411.com

Got questions?
    Call me @ 1-866-484-4514
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 26, 2008, 01:24 PM
    I will help you, but you got to let me know what your selling bro!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any good doctors left [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find me a doctor that will act concerned with my symptoms every time I feel like I am getting somewhere with my doctor something happens they move or get bs from my insurance and won't see me anymore. For about 2 years I have been experiencing extremely bad leg pains that have now...

First doctors appointment? [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and have my first doctors appointment on the 25th. I know that's a little far from now, but I was wondering what to expect, do I also get an ultrasound at this visit? They are having me see a midwife, but what do you all prefer? A doctor or a midwife? I honestly do not really know the...

Marketing to Doctors [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for way to market software to doctors. We have tried some of the usual methods, advertising in magazines, visiting trade shows and small test of mailing brochures but nothing seems to make a big impact. Any suggests? Perhaps we are in the wrong magazines and someone can point me to...

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

Problem with doctors [ 1 Answers ]

Nadia, I`ve come across another ethical problem with doctors, they are now using Biofeed back machines which were developed by the milititary as "Mind Control" devices... Originally the FDA band less (perhaps powerful versions) Over many years. Now they seem not to realise what was known as...

View more questions Search