Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 12:45 AM
    More about this
    Hi

I just saw this site http:/doc.google.com and I'm interested in learning how it works .

So could you tell me how it works.

It would be a great help to me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 12:57 AM
    From Google Docs & Spreadsheets Tour

Creating

Create basic documents and spreadsheets from scratch.
    You can easily do all the basics, including making bulleted lists, sorting by columns, adding tables, images, comments, formulas, changing fonts and more. And it's free.

Upload your existing files.
    Google Docs & Spreadsheets accepts most popular file formats, including DOC, XLS, ODT, ODS, RTF, CSV, etc. So upload your existing files; all your formatting and formulas will come through intact.

Familiar desktop feel makes editing a breeze.
    Just click the toolbar buttons to bold, underline, indent, change the font or number format, change the cell background color and so on.

Sharing

Choose who can access your documents and spreadsheets.
    Just enter the email addresses of the people with whom you want to share a given file and send them an invitation.

Share instantly.
    Anyone you've invited to either edit or view your document or spreadsheet can access it as soon as they sign in.

Edit with others in real time.
    Multiple people can view and make changes at the same time. There's an on-screen chat window for spreadsheets, and document revisions show you exactly who changed what, and when.

Storing

Edit from anywhere.
    There's nothing to download; you access your documents and spreadsheets from any computer with an Internet connection and a standard browser. And it's free.

Safely store your work.
    Online storage and auto-save mean you needn't fear local hard drive failures and power outages.

Easily save and export copies.
    You can save your files to your own computer in DOC, XLS, CSV, ODS, ODT, PDF, RTF and HTML formats.

Publishing

Publish your work as a web page.
    You can publish your documents and spreadsheets online with one click, as normal-looking web pages, without having to learn anything new.

Control who can see your pages.
    You can publish to the entire world, just a few people or no one -- it's up to you. (You can also un-publish at any time.)

Post your documents to your blog.
    Once you've created a document, you can post it to your blog. Any tags you've added to your document will become the post's blog categories.

Publish within your company or group.
    With Google Apps, it's even easier to share important documents and spreadsheets within your company or group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want some info about helpdesk [ 2 Answers ]

I want some info about help desk,what is a help desk,how these services shoulb be delivered and so on, who can offer some link about that

Info about help desk softeware [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need info about help desk software... how does it work... can it be internal to any organisation or firm... i.e not like this site(in which general topics or ideas can be shared among the users)...

View more questions Search