Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    man_dr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Dark circles
    Hello, I have dark circles around my eyes . I have applied many creams and vitamins . But these are not even getting reduced . I really need to reduce my dark circles . How can I ? Any suggestions
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 17, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Have you talked to a doctor? Could be allergies or from your diet.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
    I am not a expert, but I have herd that this can be caused by blood pooling there while you sleep. Try sleeping with your head elevated.
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Hey man_dr.. dark circles are usaully caused by these:-

1. Lack of sleep

2. Extreme tiredness

3. Improper diet and nutrition

4. Stress

5. Hormonal problems

6. Advancing age

7. Hyper-pigmentation of the skin

8. Exposure to heat and sunlight

9. Excessive intake of some drugs

Dark circles are caused due to vitiation in the vata and the pitta doshas. These are the elements governing the air and the fire elements in the human body respectively. It has been found that yoga is very beneficial in reducing dark circles. Pranayama and shavasana help the mind to de-stress. Such asanas are prescribed for people with dark circles.

Once the dark circles have appeared, it is very difficult to get rid of them. There are many cosmetic creams in the market that claim to eliminate dark circles, but dark circles can be only removed by a healthy lifestyle. There are some ways in which dark circles can be reduced. Here I am sugguesting some home remidies...

3) Home Medications

1. Cucumber is very beneficial in reducing dark circles due to its cooling effects. Cut thin slices of cucumber and place them directly over the eyes. Keep them for about fifteen minutes. Do this every night before going to bed. It will give a restful sleep and will reduce the dark circles in the morning. Cucumber slices are very beneficial when the dark circles are caused due to stress.

2. Another simple method is to dip cotton pieces in water and place them over the eye. Here water is the treating agent. Its coolness soothes the eyes. A better effect can be achieved by using rose water instead of simple water.

3. The peel of a potato can also be placed on the eye. Do this every night before going to sleep. Since potato peels can attach better to the eyelids, this method is preferable over cucumber slices.

4. Almond oil massage is beneficial in case you are suffering from dark circles. Ideally, the massage must be done at night time, and the eyes must not be opened after that until morning. So, this must be done when going to bed.

5. Prepare a paste of nutmeg in milk. Apply this on and around the eyelids before going to bed.

6. You can even put used tea bags around the eyes to get good results. The alkaloids in the tea help to renew the skin around the eyes.

The most important thing to remember is that you must not stress your eyes too much. This is a sure way of getting dark circles. Even when you are working throughout the day, take some time out (even ten minutes will do) to wash your eyes with cool water and then keep them shut. Do not think about any stressful thoughts when your eyes are shut. Divert your mind in thinking about beautiful things in nature. When you open your eyes after the ten minutes are over, you will feel as refreshed as though you have had a siesta. Try these and tell if they worked.. thnx
    GabriellaWardwb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 07:44 PM
    singhalaya
    samadams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 05:57 AM

One of the first places many people notice changes in their appearance is in the skin around the eyes. This is because the skin in this area is extremely thin and delicate making it especially vulnerable to damage. There are some precautions to which we can take care, that you sleep without being disturbed at all and daily eight hour sleep is very essential for body and the eyes.
    ============================================
    Samadams
    Wide Circles
    Bilal_Ali Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 10:13 AM

I think this is the hyper-pigmentation of the skin. A pigmentation process anomaly in which skin get darken as compare to its surrounding. If it caused by the lack of sleep it may very from the normal hype-pigmentation.
    Normally in Asia milk cream massage is for such pigmentation problems.
    Keep in mind it is quite different thing from the other pigmentation disorder of the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There I Am 29 Years Old Lady Who Very Prominent Dark Circles Makes Me Depressed At Times. I Have A Underlying Problem Of Chronic Sinusitis For Which I Had Operation In July 2006 Which Did not Help Releiving Congestion. I Tried Nasal Douche With Irrigating Salt With Not Much Improvements. I...

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

Born with dark circles [ 16 Answers ]

Any good advice to get rid of dark circles aorund eyes as I've born with it... I was thinking to try Amira Magic cream... any one know if it is safe for under eye area? Bcoz I don't like to put Concealers on it is so uncomfortable:( Come on share your ideas & experiences with me... I'm still...

Dark circles [ 1 Answers ]

:p Hi i want to know how to get rid of dark circles below my eyes!!nothing works for me its just hell any advice please tell me and i don't want to spend too much :confused:

View more questions Search