Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 04:32 PM
    When do I mow, after weed & feed application?
    I did a weed and feed application on Sunday, wondering if it is too early to mow again? I don't want to mow up any residual product. It has rained a few times since, I am in the PNW, Seattle area. It is really nice this afternoon here and I would like to take advantage of the time and the weather!
    Thanks,
    Faith :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2005, 05:07 PM
    The way things go this time of year better to mow now, then the next chance you get 3 days from now when the grass is way too long.
    moongrl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Applying weed and feed
    Hi there,
    Just thought I would add a few notes for future applications... Be sure to apply when the temp is between 65 and 85 to ensure the leaf stomata (pores) are open and capable of taking in the chemical. Herbicides may also bolatilize(change to gas) in temps above 85. Irrigate the lawn before application if soil is dry, and avoid application during long dry periods. Do not mow before the application, this ensures there is enough leaf surface for the chemical to adhere to. Be sure to apply chemicals only when the wind is calm to avoid drift. If using a granular material be sure to wet the lawn first and keep traffic off the area for at least eight hours. Rain or irrigation should not occur for at least eight hours and preferably 24 hours after application. Do not mow until two days after the application, mowing right away will cause removal of the chemical before it has a chance to work. Also just a note on safety... be sure not to use grass clippings from treated areas on gardens or around shrubs until you have mowed at least 3 or four times. Hope this will help for future applications and... keep on growin'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed and feed lawn fertilizer [ 4 Answers ]

I had a very old lawn. Last Fall, aerated and double seeded and it looked like Better Homes and Gardens. In spring I used the Scotts Step I fertilizer with halts. Now I used Step 2, Weed and Feed, and the lawn looks terrible. It gets browner every day, I think it killed all the new grass. What...

Feed Me! [ 7 Answers ]

I am going on vacation and wanted to know exactly how long leopard geckos can go without food (of course I'm not going to leave him alone for 2 weeks, I just want to know.)

How to load feed in weed eater [ 3 Answers ]

I don' know how to put the line in the weed eater. Can someone help? Thanks.

Weed And Feed In The Garden [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My son put weed and feed in the vegetable garden Will this harm my plants what can I do? Will I be able to eat the Produce...

View more questions Search