Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmeoutwithhomeworkplz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 02:46 PM
    Construction time math
    When King Hagan commissioned Brightvale Castle to be built, he had every worker in Brightvale to help build it, so that it would be done as quickly as possible.
    The construction schedule went as follows: The foundations took exactly 1/6 of the total construction time. The walls took up the next 1/12 of the construction time. The roof was completed over the next 1/7 of the total construction time. Over the next five days, the windows and doors were placed in the castle. The workers spent half of the construction time building the floors after that was done. After that was done, the next four days were spent digging the moat.

How many days total were spent building the castle?

Can somebody help me with this? I've been working on this for about an hour or so but I'm still kind of confused.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Apr 29, 2005, 06:11 AM
    When the roof was completed, there was 1/6+1/12+1/7=33/84 of the work. There was then 84/84-33/84=51/84 of work to be done. The floor took half of the time, which is 42/84, so that means that the windows, doors and the moat, which took 5+4=9 days took 51/84-42/84=9/84 of the time.

That means that the whole job took 84 days to get done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

OSB used in construction [ 8 Answers ]

Can I use this type of board for walls and roof and floors for my shed if I intend to cover the exterior in sheetmetal?. if so, should I paint all of the OS.. just in case it rains while I'm building?. this is going to be a 1 man job so its going to take me awhile.. thanks for any help

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

New construction [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a new townhouse in Virginia. Would you recommend copper or pvc piping throughout the home and why. Thank you...

Construction [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost to build a parliament in a developing country?

View more questions Search