Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Knicker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
    How long can a new homeowner claim.
    Just curious what the Statue of Limitations are for Real Estate in the state of Minnesota. I sold my home 3 years ago, and now the new owner is wanting to take me to court on some faulty wiring. They refused an inspection. The wiring worked fine for the first 3 years. I thought that after 1 year, new home owners couldn't go back to previous owners. Am I right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
    If the contract and the closing is done properly, they can't come back after you after one day, unless there was fraud committed in the sale.

So what warranty did you sell the house with ? Sorry but it really does not matter if they take you to court, you will have to hire an attorney anyway, take all for your closing paper work and the offer and acceptance paper work to your attorney and let them review it and have the attorney write this person a letter, also if they call back tell them to just call your attorney. Don't talk to them about it, since you are liable to say something that they may use in court as evidence against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jacob - New Homeowner [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 220V wash machine that has a three prong plug. The 220V receptacle has four prongs. I chose to change the receptacle rather then the plug, not to lose the warranty. The problem is that I am left with one extra wire that comes to the original four prong receptacle, its either the green or...

Homeowner is selling house. [ 1 Answers ]

Our landlord/homeowner is selling the home we live in and is asking us to allow the realtor access to the property if and when they need it. The owner sent us a letter stating his intention to sell and is giving us a reduction on our rent so long as we get the home in "show-shape". What is...

Please Help: Advice for a homeowner about a Contractor! [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon. First some background. Recently I got a new position with my company. I stay in Cherry Hill NJ 3 weeks of every month for work, and on the 4th week I fly home to Oregon to be with my family. Hard hours, but that's how I pay the bills. I rent a room with a friend while here,...

Homeowner liability [ 20 Answers ]

As a homeowner renting out a room, can my roommate sue me if she has a slip and fall type accident on my property?

View more questions Search