Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kenn0385 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Seller's contribution
    How does the concept works?
    What happens at the closing table when there is a seller's contribution involved?
    Does the seller actually pays from his pocket?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
    You mean like paying closing costs or something? When we closed it just came out of his final check from the loan people... not out of his pocket. We asked for 3,000 in closing costs and his check was 3,000 less the selling price after the commissions.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Let's say the seller is making a contribution toward your closings costs in the amount of $1000 --

The closing statement may reflect a debit from the sellers proceeds and a credit to your charges.

Or if there is a loan involved and depending on the type of loan program you have, you may see a straight credit of $1000 as stated above or the Lender may require the Seller to be charged $1000 of Borrower closing costs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 11:24 AM
    It is all on paper, there are plus and minus that seller and buyer pay or credit. The sellers payments are merely taken off what they receive on the final payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contribution to overheads [ 1 Answers ]

What Is Contribution To Overheads And Profits And How Do They Relate To One Another

Contribution Margin [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage of the contribution margin is profit on units sold in excess of the breakeven point?

Retirement plan contribution [ 7 Answers ]

I am in my companies retirement plan through American funds. When I first stared 1 1/2 years ago. After three months they started taking money out of my check to companies in there retirement plan. How do they have the right to take money out of my check without my consent? Is this legal? I...

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search