Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annie_123 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

May 17, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Involved with a Married Man
    I am a single woman age 51 years old, my best friend is a man age 56 who is married with three very young children. We have been friend for 8 years for the past 3 years my feelings have grown into love. This is the best relationship I have ever had, we never argue, we think and feel the same way about everything. I think of him as my daughter's step-father, I share everything about my life with him. I love being with him, talking, laughing, crying, working, I love everything about him. We have never cross the line of our relationship, meaning no sex, no kissing, no anything. He has told me many times that he loves me very much and he thinks of me as his other wife. I must say I am friends with his wife.

At this point I want to cross the line and add the physical part to our relationship. What do you think?
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 17, 2007, 10:14 AM
    I think NO. He made a commitment to his wife, to his family. Don't lower yourself. If he leaves his wife well I guess that's his choice, then he is free to be yours. Otherwise, you will just become someone who gets to steal moments. I could use a ton of colorful metaphors for just how distasteful that idea is but I don't want to bash you so I will just say this... Any man who truly loves a woman would never allow her to be treated that way... And any woman who truly loves herself wouldn't either.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Read the thread of MsMe.

You will find 24 pages on this topic.

Read the pages.
    And ask yourself... how would your daughter feel if her dad was going this to her and her mother.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 17, 2007, 10:22 AM
    You will find it under "Marriage".

And although your situation may sound similar...
    It boils down to the same thing.

This is not your man.
    He is married.
    With another woman.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
    I just want to add... sorry... it's thinking and situations like that that will make you the "wife" with the "other woman" posting about the very same thing 10 years from now! Is that what you want?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 17, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Yes, follow gypsy's posts.

Place yourself in her shoes.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 17, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Sorry, have to disagree. Stating that you have

"never crossed the line" in your relationship is counter intuitive to saying,

"he thinks of me as his other wife."
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Married men? Even if he truly loves... can cause as much pain too... once sex gets involved, dirties the picture and meaning of your relationship with married man... so I suggest stay in the boundary where you are... things do get messed up later when crossed. Am speaking from my experience and would love to tell others that it's not worth it REALLY... I MEAN IT HONEY...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
    If you can cross that line, and do that to your friend, that would make you a silly, selfish old fool. Come on aren't you old enough to know better?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married man [ 21 Answers ]

So I'm seeing a married man, we've been "together" for about a year and a half. He's told me he loves me, and I really believe I love him too. His wife already knows about us, but doesn't have proof. He's not looking to leave his wife because of the divorce and starting all over with a house and...

Seeing a married man [ 40 Answers ]

I've been seeing this married man for several months now. When we first got involved with each other we said that we was'nt going to let any feeling get in our way. Because of his wife and my boyfreind .All of that have changed , I've fallen in love with this man and I now that he have deeply...

Married man [ 18 Answers ]

I am involved with a married man & I love him so much. When I am alone or on the phone I say I will give up. But from the moment I see him he just start making mad love to me. No one ever make me feel like that. His marriage has been rocky for the last 3 years and I don't want it to be my fault....

Married man [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating a married man I didn't even know he was married at first , I am having trouble getting out of this relationship. I can never call him , he calls me from blocked numbers, I never see him on weekends or holidays , he crys when I try to break it off, he makes up elaborate lies for...

View more questions Search