Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crissy48218 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Child lives with noncustodial parent do I have rights?
    My daughter has been staying with her father for 4 years,he has a court order to pay child support.He is taking me to court for custody of her.I recently moved into a larger home with my boyfriend so I have room now.The new wife he has has smacked her in the face twice and threw her out (12 years old)also she has a mentally challenged son who has fondalded my daughter.These incedeces were never filled in a police report.I want her back here with me. Do I have good cause, I'm not an unfit mother at the time I thought she was better of with her dad because I had lost my job and lived in a small one bedroom apartment.Please help. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
    If she is being abused where she is and you have proof, then she is better out of there. Why does her father let this continue ? Does he not realize what is going on? I would get her out of there immediately. I do think you have good cause.
    crissy48218 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:07 AM
    That's it I don't have any proof but what my daughter tells
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 17, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Your daughter should be old enough to be heard by the court. I don't know if they do mediation in your state, but here they do and the mediators speak with the children (over a certain age but she would definitely be old enough here).

Here is another thought, try to get your daughter into counseling (in some states if you have joint custody the counselor will require dads permission), someone who specializes in children of course but who is also a child custody expert. They might be able to help prove your point in court. They can make recommendations to the court (which a lot of judges really like, helps them to not have to make the decision when they can look to a professionals opinion) They can be invaluable in helping your child have a say in court. You should be able to obtain a list of court approved child custody experts from a lawyer as well as the Court itself that you can get in touch with.

So maybe with those two together your daughter can have a voice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Close all child windows through parent window [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: here i will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and i am using 70...

Age A child can choose which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives in Michigan and stayed there when my husband and I moved to Arizona. She is now calling every night crying that she wants to move back in with us but her other parent will not allow it. How is it that a child's voice can not be heard. I am completely blown away that a...

How to have one parent rights terminated [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to have my daughters father rights terminated. He has nothing to do with her. Unless his sister takes her over there. But I just found out that when she goes over he has nothing to do with her. He pay childsupport but its nothing. He said he would sign his rights over but, I'm in...

Should grand parent have visitation rights? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not married to the baby's daddy and I don't want his mother to take care of my baby because she said when I was pregnant that she was not going to baby sit. I'm working now and she gets mad because I don't want her to take care of my baby. Now she wants to take me to court to get visitation...

Normal to have no feelings of love between parent and child? [ 10 Answers ]

My biological father has been deceased for a few years. I had a relationship of sorts with him for part of my childhood and teen years, although it wasn't a very good one. I won't go into all the different reasons I think so, because it would take too long, but... I really don't think he loved me...

View more questions Search