Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LesaRyan04 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2007, 06:46 AM
    What Doctor Gives Clomid?
    Okay..
    I know that my gyno. Can give me Clomid, but I'm in the middle of switching ob/gyns so can my regular family doctor give me a prescription for Clomid? I have never taken it before, but I have done about 4 rounds of provera, so I at least 1/2 know what to expect. But thatnk you for your time!
    Thank You.
    Lesa;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 06:47 AM
    You will have to check with the new doc to see if they give Clomid, not all do.

May 17, 2007, 06:49 AM
    But they have the option? It is legal?
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 06:51 AM
    I am not sure to tell the truth. Different states have different laws.

You can easily make a quick phone call to your family doctor to see if they do that there.

May 17, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Lol I'm afraid they will think I'm a crazy person. Lol
    What do I say to them... just tell them that my obgyn and I have had some issues that we are not seeing eye to eye on, and I was wondering if they can prescribe it there?.
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Yup, it's that simple. Tell them that you have started the provera and were about to begin the clomid but due to certain issues have had to begin searching for a new GYN, you were wondering if they could prescribe the clomid in the interim and also ask if they could refer you to another GYN in your area.

May 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Well, that's the thing... I don't know if they were going to put me on clomid, I know they were thinking about it... but they never said for sure.
    Won't they have to do another complete physical because I do have Unexplained Infertility (which is odd because they haven't done a laproscopy to see if I have endo, or done anything so see if my tubes are blocked) and my stomach swells and gets hard all the time. Do you think I should ask them about it?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 07:13 AM
    I have to ask but when was the last shot of depo given to you?

May 17, 2007, 07:16 AM
    I was not on depo, I was on Provera (medroxyprogesterone) .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge used clomid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 30 year old female and have been trying to conceive the last few months. I have PCOS. My cycles are regular 28 days. I am on my 2nd month of Clomid first month being 50mg second month being 100mg. I used ovulation test predictor I tested from CD 9 up to CD 16. There were a faint test...

Clomid, provera, and clomid again [ 12 Answers ]

I've had PCOS since puberty. My average was one period a year. I am now 25 and DH and I are Trying to conceive. The doctor put me on provera to bring AF around the clomid 3-7. Here's the part that confuses me... I am supposed to take clomid again 4 weeks after the first day of AF. Am I supposed to...

Clomid and pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I was just diagnosed with Anovulation. That means I do not produce eggs when i ovulate. I have to wait for my next period to start, but I will be put on Clomid. Does anyone know how long it will take me to get pregnant with this? Also I have insurance, but how much does the Clomid cost at the...

First time clomid user [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year so my doctor has put me on clomid because my body will not ovulate. I was just wondering what the success rate is? And does it increase my chances of having twins, etc.

Clomid, Ovulation and Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I have PCOS. My doctor started me on Clomid. I took one round of clomid 50mg. My Doctor then brought me on day 12 to look at my ovaries to see if I produced follicles. I did- so he advised me to go home and do Ovulation test for 3 days. One in the morning and one in the evening. I did them...

View more questions Search