Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myhomereno Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 08:09 PM
    Installing a pressure balancing valve
    I have a question regarding the installation of a 35.253.000 Grohsafe-enhanced flow pressure balancing valve. What it the recommended way of installing the valve to the 1/2" copper supply pipes? The shut off valves on the sides are 1/2-14NPT male X 1/2" copper sweat. Should I use brass drop ears on either side? If I would use 1/2-14 drop ears I could screw them to the studs. In this case how do you make a proper seal between the drop ear and the shut off valve since I would have to rotate the drop ear to a downward position. Do you have any suggestion?

Any help would be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 29, 2005, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by myhomereno
    I have a question regarding the installation of a 35.253.000 Grohsafe-enhanced flow pressure balancing valve. What it the recommended way of installing the valve to the 1/2" copper supply pipes? The shut off valves on the sides are 1/2-14NPT male X 1/2" copper sweat. Should I use brass drop ears on either side? If I would use 1/2-14 drop ears I could screw them to the studs. In this case how do you make a proper seal between the drop ear and the shut off valve since I would have to rotate the drop ear to a downward position. Do you have any suggestion?

Any help would be appreciated.
    The only place we use a drop eared ell is on the shower raiser.
    We come off the integral stops with 1/2" street ells and just below the valve place a piece of backing behind the supply lines and the drop line to the spout. We secure the valve with three pipe straps. One on each pipe. Your way would have the integral stops converting from thread to slip and then back to thread again to connect to the drop ear ells. Let's eliminate the threaded connections and go directly to the solder joints. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas valve pressure problem [ 1 Answers ]

I had an old Coleman Evcon furnace, the problem is when the flame came out doesn't come strong because the fleame stay right at the nozzle of valve pipe,

Balancing a reaction [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble balancing this reaction. Any ideas... or can anyone figure it out? :confused: KIO3 + NaHSO3 --> I2 + Na2SO4 + H2SO4 + K2SO4 + H20 I have actually never been taught the half reaction way to balance... but that's awesome, thank you so much!

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

Pressure reducing valve? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again, Firstly, thanks for all your advice so far... I installed the thermostatic shower valve (by hudson reed of the UK) and shower arm (using drop eared elbow as per your advice - thanks!). I checked for leaks and there were none, but when I turn the volume of water up to try and get...

Poor Water Pressure throughout House - Regulator Valve may need adjusting? [ 3 Answers ]

We are experiencing poor water pressure. We have lived in the house for about 2 years and have never had great water pressure. I noticed what seems to be a regulator valve of sorts on the main line coming into the house (see picture) and was wondering if I can adjust this valve to increase the...

View more questions Search