Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godest921 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
    How do I conniving my parents to let me have a tongue piercing?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 16, 2007, 04:35 PM
    How old are you? Your parents do not want you to have one. If you really do want to have one, why not just wait until your 19 or 21 age. If you still want one then. Then feel free to get one, but right now. You need to listen to your parents because they do not want anything to happen to you.
    There have been people who have got real sick and even died because of infections because of having piercings done.

Good luck. Do not even try to convince your parents because it will not work.

Joe
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
    LOL... I just spend NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS on my teeth.

About the only thing I didn't do to them was get a tongue piercing.

IMO, wait until your parents aren't paying your dental bills. They'll care less then what you put in your mouth.
    lil-miss-rocker Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Well I'm 13 and I want my tongue peirced and my mom won't let me but my birthdays in 5 months and I'm getting it done then my aunt might take me :P so... all I done was keep on asking and when my aunt found out I wanned it done she offered to take me
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
    You must be aware of the dangers of getting your tongue periced. Such as infection and losing taste buds. I would wait for awhile until you're positive you want it done. You're still young. And you should talk to your mother about letting your aunt go and take you to get it periced. It might hurt her, and get both you and your aunt in trouble.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 12, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Not to mention no one will ever look at you the same way... parents won't want you to watch their children, employers will hire others before you when you get older... it changes people's perception of who you are, whether it's true or not.

Also, think about your mom and aunt... if your mom says no and your aunt takes you anyway you will cause a lot of problems between them. Is having (in my opinion) a totally disgusting and unsanitary piercing worth causing an argument between your mom and your aunt? Oh, and if your aunt takes you, I'd say you're likely to find that your mother forces you to remove the tongue ring anyway and I am sure you can expect to be under lock and key for quite some time.

You have parents for a reason... you aren't supposed to like their decisions all the time, or understand why they say no. You just have to deal with it like everyone else has. Your parents tell you no for good reason, not to be mean. Instead of griping about something as silly as not being allowed to get a hole drilled through your tongue, you should be thanking God that you have a mom who loves you enough to protect you even if you don't like it. How many 13 year olds out there would kill for just a little bit of love and attention...
    Mamao2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    You should have some respect for your mother and honor her decision. Mature decision: Show her how adult-like and mature you are by keeping up in school, doing as your told and being, in a general, a young lady. Maybe then she will reconsider. If she doesn't, then you need to respect that. She is your mother and you owe her. Immature decision: Be the immature 13-year-old who doesn't know how to listen.
    big mama2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godest921
    how do i conniving my parents to let me have a tounge piercing?
    Okay just do what I would do and sit them and tell them you are an adult and you think you can dicide what you want in your mouth tell them you know what you want they don't they just think they do but the only person that can dicide what they think is right is you but think it through and dicide if a tongue piercing is really what you want.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 15, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Since when is 13 an adult?? Not even close! And as for the OP, clearly she isn't an adult either... she still needs her mom's permission.
    steffy_bear Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Jun 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I also want mine done but if you look into it, it is very dangerous. You might want to wait.
    lovelyflowerful Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
    It want mine done to but I'm also about to be 15. It is usually labeled as a "Slut" or something when they see you have your toung pierced you'll be surprised how people treat you differently.Thats why my mom won't let me get mine done although I'm not a slut and I'm not doing it for sexual perpouses I just like it. I think I'm going to do my eyebrow though. If I were you I would find something else to do like a nose or something a little less dangerous. Piercing you tongue can be simple and fun or things can seriously go wrong I knew a girl who had to go to the emergency room to get her toung cut open so they could remove the ring (the cause was she ate something that affected the piercing after 2 years.) If you really want a piercing you need to try to find a happy medium between you and your mom trust me in a couple years you'll find how stupid and immature it was to cause tension between your aunt and mom and you and your mom trust me she has her reasons and in a few years if you still want it then do it when your 18.
    Brownin Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Sep 23, 2009, 04:15 PM

13 are you joking! If I was your parents I would say no too. Why do you want to get your tongue done?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: Ok, so I have been trying to convince my mom that I should get a Tongue Ring, and i don't know how to convince her. If any one has any ideas, please let me know! ~Thanks:confused:

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

Tongue piercing twice [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have my tongue pierced once And am thinking about getting it done again But am unsure as it might affect the way I give blowjobs Can anyone help or give any advice on this Thanks Xxx

Does tongue piercing hurt? [ 29 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx

Tongue piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I just was wondering if anyone knows if the next day after u get your tongue pierced is it normal for it to all of a sudden bleed:confused:

View more questions Search