Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
    What happened? American Idol Public voting?
    Melinda the best singer gets voted out. I am in shock.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2007, 09:47 PM
    I know! Disgusting! I think that people might have felt that she was safe because she is the best and has everyone's support. There is no doubt that she will go far regardless, but it's sad when she has definitely been the best right from her audition!

Didi
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 16, 2007, 10:49 PM
    I didn't get to watch Idol tonight (the one night I'm not home) so I recorded it. I was so shocked to hear the results... so much that I had to rewind to hear it again. What is going on here? First, the Sanjaya nightmare and now this? Don't get me wrong, I really want Jordin to win but I at least wanted there to be competition in the end! Melinda definitely hsouldn't have went home. But, it's just like gramma said, people just assumed she was safe. So sad!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 04:09 AM
    I totally petered out on it this year. I've watched their singing on dvr though... and since the little dude did a reggae song I've sort of rooted for him. I like his ability to do all sorts of songs.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 04:14 AM
    I heard people say that it's better that she gets her own contract versus being part of the idol machine. That way she has more lattitute in song choices etc. This may be a good thing for her.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 04:32 AM
    I agree with NeedKarma - she will most likely get a deal on her own. It does seem like the non winners on Idol in the past couple years do better than the winners.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
    I have refused, in the past to watch ANY of the so-called "reality" shows. This year my daughter insisted and we got caught up in it. But no more for me. Even though I really like Jordin and want her to beat out Blake, I will no longer participate.

Melinda IS far and away the best singer AND performer in the bunch. I've read reviews that rate her the best contestent EVER! For her not to win is ridiculous. For her not to be in the Finals is insane. This taints the finals for the other two, In my opinion.

But I'm done, I have better things to do with my time then watch a manufactured contest. I would not be surprised to find this was staged to create a controversy to generate more publicity.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

May 17, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I wasn't that surprised actually. It showed that that survey or whatever that was mentioned about the busy signals-was correct.
    Melinda probably didn't have the votes from the youngest viewers. She stood out as the best all along but these final weeks I think Jordin caught up to her, and Melinda just couldn't afford anything negative (people saying she looked like shrek online, a little sense of her losing confidence, hair sticking in her mouth,etc.) Plus that fact that the other 2 may have been more popular than she)
    But I agree, I think (& hope) she has a successful career in singing anyway.

Oh, that fella Elliot, last night, was #3 last year- and he was my favorite. He blew it because he sang an unknown song & I think that was critical. But the guy could sing! Wow, I'm glad he has an album due out. So even #3 makes it I think-if they sing well.

So, who do you think will be the winner?
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I think Jordin will win... she is the best singer left plus I think she will get the majoriity of Melinda's fans to vote for her.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 09:28 AM
    I used to love AI. Not anymore. It is nothing more than a popularity contest. However, I agree that Melinda leaving the show might be the best thing for her.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I agree with all your points about she is better off not winning the title. Then she can do her own work.

At the same time. She is by far the best singer out of all of them. Does not make sense that she did not win the title. Jordan by far is better then blake. I think Blake should have been long gone. Just opinion.

Joe
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 09:55 AM
    I don't know, I'm a big fan of Blake, he is a different style then what I'm used to... I am in need of a change. Im tired of hearing the same old style by different people. I agree Melinda was god, but there was no difference between her and a million other people out there... same with Jordan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Back when they got narrowed to 24, I predicted the final six as:

Melinda, Jordin, Lakisha, Stephanie, Sabrina & Blake.

I thought Blake the only male capable of going that far. That the final six still managed to be equal genderwise was supicious to me.

As I said, I'm done with this garbage.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Man if Melinda can sing like a million other people I would like to know where you live Alk. I was thinking that she knocked the socks off most of the singers that I have seen on AI.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Not what I meant... she haas a different voice, but she uses it the same as others.. I just like Blake I guess...
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I do like Blake too. But he is just not in the same league as Melinda or Jordin. However, he has the teenage girl vote... that is for sure :)
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I don't know I like his beat box... but he is kind of cute too... lol.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Beat box can sound like a lot of crap too. I think he uses it way too much.

Other then that not a bad singer, but lakisha, jordan and especially melinda have very special gifts and are unique in my opinion.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
    True. All of the final three were very talented, I liked them all... but there can only be one... it will probably be Jordan though...
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
    I actually hope your right. I am sure though that blake, no matter what. Will have a good career for himself for the type of music he does. There are times he incorperates the beat box in a song well but there are others songs that it just sounds like crap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual citizenship us/europe / voting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a dual citizen by birth. I was born in america when american citzenship came by default by having been born there and both of my parents are english citzens. I grew up in america but moved to london when I was seventeen and have been working here now for 8years. As the american...

Who likes American idol? [ 83 Answers ]

Well, the show just started another season & I'm all geared up for the entertainment! I usually watch it live or record it when I can't. Last week they started with the process of elimination. Some of these contestants were so bad but so humorous of course. Then after they get their walking...

Voting [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to get people to go and vote? I'm not talking about any particular candidate or any particular age group, gender or background. I'm just talking about generally getting people to vote. What do you think is the best way to go about it?

American Idol - Who's it going to be? [ 14 Answers ]

So, who do you all think is going to win? Taylor or Katherine? My vote is Taylor, we need someone unique to win. :D

Any American Idol fans out there? [ 44 Answers ]

It's one of only 2-3 "network" TV shows we watch in my house... and for A.I. the eight of us are glued! I'm rooting for the Joe Cocker-ish fella, but am fairly sure he can't win.:( I predict the crooner was voted out yesterday. We'll find out tonight.

View more questions Search