Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoAnn U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 07:31 PM
    French prints by Raffray Copyright Camilla Lucas 1936
    My Grandmother left me 2 prints by Raffray, Copyright 1936 by Camilla Lucas Ny Usa.Both appear to be watercolors of French Country Scenes. One is titled sous e' eluse. Can you give me any information about them and is there any value? Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copyright 1933-Camilla Lucas/Artist Leeotelle ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print top left corner says Copyright 1933 - Camilla Lucas, NYC-U.S.A it also has their triangle symbol in the bottom left corner the artist signature is so cursive it is hard to make it out looks like Paul E___le Leeotelle? The P is crazy and the L too. So I could be completely off. The...

A. Robertson/camilla Lucas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a genuine original color etching (aquatinte) with a penciled signature by A. ROBERTSON, nb 37/350, provided with a small circle containing the letters SZL, representative of old houses crossed by a river (South Europe ?). On the back of the etching figure a label on wich is indicated "1937...

View more questions Search