Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Hyper- Reality & Big Brother
    In chapel the other day, they showed this video about "Hyper-Reality".
    It says that hyper reality is the false perfection, the unfullfilled promises of advertising, the media, and comercial goods.
    All manipulated to their own ends by the media, and the comercial advertisers, even the government. What's your opinion? Anyone know of any proof of this or any examples of this?
    Also, I have noticed a startling similarity.
    Between TV's Big Brother, and the Big Brother represented in the novel by george orwell (1984)
    The ad campaign for this years Australian big brother showed a shadowy figure, big brother, planting trees, and pretty much showed him as a leader making promises. It was so chilling, it seemed almost exactly like george orwells big brother and the "Reality" TV series big brother.
    Should I be worried? Is anyone worried about reality TV, and the media and government in general?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Well let me see, almost all internet goes though a master computer able to electronicly review material for key words and phases. Sort of big brother.

But lets take TV and advertising, who all celebrated mothers day, or saw a santa in a red suit at christmas, or perhaps sent a christmas card, all of these were developed by advertising people, the greeting card industry is responible for a lot of our grandparents day, secretary day ( or whatever it is called now)

There are cameras in space that can read your license plate of your car sitting in your drive way ( if not blocked by trees)
    They have heat detectors that can tell them how many people are in a house from airplanes overhead
    They police had similar products that were declared a illegal search, but you wonder who is still using them ?

Everyone has files on them all of your medical records are in a national data base, MIB medical information bureau, if you go to the doctor, and insurance pays, it goes there, if you use a prescritpion it goes there.
    If you use one of those discount cards at Krogers, or the car parts place, every item you buy is tracked to you.

If your car or phone has a "on star" or "GPS" tracking system or a low jack system, they can all be traced and followed. The new GPS cell phones can track your movements over a certain time frame.

If you use a easy pass on toll roads your movement is tracked in a computer. The governmetn has various watch lists, * I used to be on one of thiers a few years back
    I could go on and on. I used to work for the Government both at State and Federal Level, and yes I worry, I still support our government, but I know what they can do when it all goes wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

25page essay,ideas please!private education;reality&a [ 1 Answers ]

PRIVATE EDUCATION;REALITIES AND AMBITIONS I'd really appreciate ANY help on ideas of what to include in this essay.I need to finish this project by nov.20 but I don't have the materail needed to write 25 pages!! THANKS A LOT

Visitation/adoption of brother & sister [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 23, married and a mother of 4. I have a brother and sister ( we share the same father) and want to know what my rights are for visitation/ custody of them. My father married a socialpath ( not their mother) and she has been maliciously tearing our family apart. The children are treated...

Dad's will & leaving all to me & not wife or brother [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: My dad recently has his attorney draw up his will & made provisions to leave everything, (house & all), to only me, his daughter. He specifically declares in the will that his current wife,(my stepmother), or my older brother, (dad's only other child), are NOT to receive anything. He...

Big Brother UK C4 [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have seen over the weekend and in the papers the last few days that Big Brother is back on the telly ! What do you people really think of C4 Big Brother. And as for Celebs lol that's got to be the biggest joke of 2006. Is it time that they laid old rope to bed? :D

View more questions Search