Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malloryj20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Me and my husband are going through a divorce and I have already signed the divorve papers and everything... well we have been sleeping together since those papers were signe, can I go and contest the divorce?

Fr_chuck I am the only one that wants to do this he wouldn't want them withdrawn, I just want to contest it but I don't know what to do. Its wrong though... I am only 20 yrs old that why I need to know what to do? I am trying to get something done before the judge does sign them... I got another month.

Fr_chuck, what exactly is "withdrawn"? My lawyer told me that all I would have to do is call the court house and tell them exactly what I told you and that they would void the divorce papers, is that true?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 05:43 PM
    If the judge has not signed them yet, you and hubby can ask for them to be withdrawn, if the judge has already signed them, I do weddings on location.
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
    So you are basically available sex, not worth to him to be married to, but OK to sleep with??

Not wanting to sound mean, but if he does not want to be married to you, and stll wants the divorce why are you sleeping with him ?

But it is possible you can ask for it to be withdrawn but he he wants the divorce, all you are going to do is cause both of you to have a lot of legal fees, and then still get divorced, if he wants it, and you don't, he will get it, but it will just take longer.

If he still wants the divoce, unless it is property division or something, get it over with, and move on, if the two of you get back together you can always get married over again. But it sounds like you said, he still wants it.
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
    You would never be able to do it over the phone, no way to prove your ID. Since if it was that easy I could call and pretend to be your husband.
    And once filed you will have to at least show up in person ( if the judge has not already signed it, once signed it is to late)
    So if you think you should, go down to the court clerk in the morning and ask for it back, I am not sure you can, but then I was in the criminal court working not divorce court. And I have never know anyone that actually filed that changed their minds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Please Stand By... Technical Difficulties" Music [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the day, if a television station had broadcasting problems, they would put up a graphic on the screen (sometimes with a test pattern) with the words "Please Stand By. We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties..." There was usually some accompanying music. The music would vary from...

Should We Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in my marriage for almost 3 years (May 11 will be 3 yrs). I LOVE my husband but I'm having a hard time deal with the issues we are having. We had a long talk last night because I suggested that we separate and try to work things out. Our problems are that he is financially...

Getting a divorce, [ 3 Answers ]

Now when we get a divorce do he have to pay me child divorce if if he is not the father he was help taking car of me and my son

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search