Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BoBarb647 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Closing out wireless system
    Can someone please tell me how to close out or encrypt a wireless system so that someone can not use it outside my computers?

Thanks, Barb
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Jul 9, 2007, 06:42 PM
    It depends on what brand wireless router you have. Look through your documentation to set up encryption. Also disable SSID broadcast on the router to make it "invisible" to the outside eye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke extract system & staircase press. System [ 2 Answers ]

I am working for a 35 storey tower. There are smoke extract and staircase/lift lobby pressurisation system in case of fire. Now consultant has already given the CFM required for these Fans, but I have to submit the calculations for the same to the Local Govt. authority. So please help me if...

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Buying new wireless security system [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a really nice wireless surveillance system from www.jetstreamsecurity.com and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any flaws in owning a wireless surveillance systems? Can they be hacked into with by a neighbor, or can they be tapped into with other hardware. I just...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search