Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkup2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2005, 08:29 PM
    Canon BJC2000 not working at all
    My computer was just repaired and Windows Me just reloaded. Printer worked perfectly fine before I received whatever virus that infected my computer. I recreated everything, downloaded the driversand set up disc for my Canon BJc2000 printer. It goes through the motion on screen as if it will print. I then get an error saying Can't print - lpt1 error. Check power. Unplug and wait 30 seconds and try again. Ive tried. The printer heads don't move to the center. There are no power lights(nor is there an actual power switch) that indicate any kind of power to this unit. Ive repluged the cables, and the power cord to another power source and nothing happens. Does anyone have a clue what I can do. Canon has suggested to replace the ink cartridge holder. I see no reason for that since I don't seem to have any power to this unit that tells me there is life to it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2005, 05:45 AM
    Sounds like time for a new printer. Sounds like either the power cord was damaged or the power supply in the printer was damaged.

If you know anyone with the same printer (or similar), you can test the power cord.
    jkup2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
    Thanks..
    Thanks for you help. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.. but... youre probably right. Time for a new printer. Take care!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2005, 08:47 PM
    Our landfills are full of electronics with minor problems. I would at least check the power cord first. You might open it up and poke around the power supply. Could just be a blown diode or transistor. Could even be the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon l600 fax [ 2 Answers ]

Has ayone got a pdf of the user manual for this fax mnachine? OR can anyone tell me how to alter our telephone number?

Canon BJC-620 problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have an old Canon BJC-620 printer... well, actually 3 of them... and all do the same thing. When I power up, it does it's little thing then beeps and the error light stays on along with the black ink light flashing and the ink light...

Canon All-In-One printers [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had a problem with a Canon MP700. Everything worked beautifuly except the scanning function. I reinstalled the drivers exactly how the instructions asked, reinstalled the scanner and usb composite device separately, reinstalled the software, tested the printer on a different...

Canon bjc 2100 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a canon bjc 2100 usb printer. I use a mac ibook running os 9.2.1 As far as I can tell the printer itself works. But lately when I try to print I get an error message saying that "the printer is in use or an error has occurred" (the error message is m311). I think it's my printer...

View more questions Search