Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RV1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Need to get tanned skin back to normal color.
    Hello Everyone,
    I found this site on a search I was doing on skin lightening/ whitening. I have read some of the posts and some of them have been very informative. I am a 24 year old female of hispanic origin. My skin tone, you could say, would be classified as an olive skin tone. However, through the years of being exposed to the sun, not even trying to go tanning or be tan, that is exactly what happened. I'm not that dark at all really; just slightly tan. I just wanted to get back to the skin tone I was originally, which actually was kind of pale or whiter than I am now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this naturally? I've heard of lemon juice, lime juice, turmeric powder, tomato juice, and cucumber juice to name a few. I would be very interested in knowing how to make these special mixtures and if anyone can also give any suggestions as to how to apply to your own back and shoulders. Or if there are any special lotions/ creams with natural ingredients, I would like to hear about those as well. I've read about some on these forums, but some people said they worked and some other people said they didn't work. It doesn't matter to me how long it takes or even if it will only lighten 1/2 a shade or 1 shade. I just want to get rid of the tanned skin tone and go back to my original skin tone. Thank you in advance for all your help.
    fidle4 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
    There really isn't any special lotion, just sunblock, but advised some may increase chances of skin cancer with an ingredient or two in there,so please look at the back for ingredients :] Also the best thing to do is you can wear long clothing, it doesn't have to be the whole arm wise if you live somewhere hot and bright, if so, wear whit or any light color, and try a nice light undershirt or just stick with a bra. :] But remember to wear longer clothing, and for your face, there is actually a sunblock for it, but it has to say something for the face too, its not just any sunblock would help for the face because your face skin is a bit different so taking care of it is a little different. Besides that, if you know its really hot just wear sunscreen. But for best results if you can get out of the sun or protect your body from it [not really the face, so advice to use some sunscreen] you can try hydroquinone 2%, its an over the counter product so its not really hard to get at a pharmacy. Also there is Nadinola 3% this works better than hydoquinone and you can get it from CVS or mine does [So it may vary where you live, if you don't have 2nd one, just go with 1st] Be sure to clean yourself and scrub on the damaged area or darkened area made by the sun and scrub real hard haha. Then apply it, you have to do this constantly. Or just stay out of the sun, it will fade in some months if you want to take it slowly.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 12:22 AM
    Hi, fidle4!

I really like your advice and information that you've provided! Please know that this thread dates from 2007 and is archived and so is no longer visible on the list of currently active threads. Hopefully though, others who happen to come across it will benefit by what you've posted!

I just wanted you to be aware of the age of the thread...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin color in between thighs [ 3 Answers ]

I shaved down under 5 years ago for the first time. Developed razor bumps and itching. I used dettol to clean. The skin became kind of Black/purple in between the thigh areas Is there's anyway to get my skin back to my normal color

Skin Color [ 1 Answers ]

Well my face and hands are a bit dark brown Where as my body is fair it is because of over exposer to sun I had in my recent past > Now to over come this what can be done?. Is it safe to use glutathione pills/injections for this reason...

Skin color [ 1 Answers ]

I am a black woman, I have a daughter she is 14 years old she get teased at school because her complextion is very dark. Kids always tell her that she is too black. She hate the color of her skin because of that, she is a beautiful girl. What should I do?

Lightening Skin Color [ 2 Answers ]

I tan extremely easy in the sun. I'm South Asian. What can I do to lighten my skin color?:confused:

Color changes in skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in skin color between the palms of hands and lips;what is the difference in the skin color between the genitals and the soles of the feet;what is the difference in the skin color and thickness in the palms of the hand of a person who does heavy manual labor and one who does...

View more questions Search