Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 12:30 PM
    How to Remove Top Half Agitator?
    Just noticed that the top half agitator on Whirlpool Model LSQ8543JQ1 Washer does not rotate very well. Checked the bottom half of the agitator and it functions properly (goes both ways) but the top half of the agitator spins forward intermittently sometimes it doesn't rotate at all. Checked the websites and it could possibly be the "dogs" but I can't seem to be able to pry the top half of the agitator off after taking the fabric softener dispenser off. Tried using a screwdriver to pry and also tried using a rope and 2 by 4 to pop it off, no luck. It would seem to be secured by a locking device of some kind. Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Thanks Alan
    AJO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Just thought I would answer my own question. I hired a repair man to fix it. Underneath the fabric softener there is a plastic cap covering the hole that houses the bolt. I thought it was part of the agitator. But he just reached in and popped it out. It snaps in with an O-ring seal. He then removed the bolt and the bottom agitator from the washer. Then to replace the dogs he separated the top half from the bottom by pulling it apart. Oh well it works now, just cost me $100 though. I hope this can help someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

Remove agitator from GE washer [ 2 Answers ]

How do you remove the agitator on a GE Model WJSR2070B2WW washing machine?

How to remove cambria counter top [ 3 Answers ]

we need to remove a cambria kitchen bar top so we can lower the knee wall and reinstall, the installer won't come back. The knee wall is 2x4 with sheetrock and the Cambria was glued on top with liquid nails Any help would be greatly appreciated

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search