Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichelleA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Don't know what to do
    My hubby and I have been together for 8 years this fall. During most of our relationship I have been accused of cheating and "not being interested in sex", although his attitude toward me speaking to other people has mellowed through the years he still swears I do not want to have anything to do with him. As if that were not enough he recently went through a series of surgeries and was very ill ( please don't ask). Because of the surgeries he feels like his body is deformed and is even more insecure about things then he was before. So last September he decided that he did not want to sleep in the same bed as me and I moved into the guest bedroom, with his new rule if "his door is closed I am to stay out." (and vice versa). The strange thing is that he would come in when I was getting ready for bed and make my bed (I have never made bed except when I was in the army :o ) and bring me my water and try to be all sweet, never giving me the chance to close my door if I wanted some privacy. Well a couple of weeks ago I mentioned it to him and since then he treats me like crap. He barely speaks to me, and if I am watching a TV show he will just come up and turn the channel as if I am not there.
    Anyway I am new to posting so I am not sure how much more detail I should put here. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do please help!
    MicheleEB Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

May 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Ummm, counseling?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Mace the next time he walks in without permission, and change the TV back and mace him again if he changes it??

But you could try counseling if he would go. Get a TV for your own room
    Change the locks the next time he goes out and file for divorce ?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 16, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Couples, being apart and living separate lives and in separate rooms and bed. I am sorry to say this but the marriage is pretty much over. I hope that you take everybody else's advice. Start counseling. Offer the counseling as a couple. If you both want to start making it work it could, nothing is impossible. If he does not even want to give it a chanch go to counseling yourself and make changes that will better your life.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 16, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Go to counseling, either together or by yourself.

If together then it will hopefully help you marriage.

If by yourself, then it will hopefully give you the insights to move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be with him but don't know if I should [ 3 Answers ]

There's this boy in my school that I met almost 4 months ago. When I first met him he was trying to get me number but I kept telling him no because at the time I had a boyfriend. Well he would still try to get my number but I'd always tell him no. he would always flirt with me but I would laugh it...

I don't know. [ 4 Answers ]

OK first off, I'm 15 years old and for the past week I say, I've been having brown discharge coming from my vagina. I wear a pad because I thought that maybe it was my period but now I'm starting to worry because it won't go away and I know my period doesn't last this long. When ever I put a pad...

I don't know how to get over him. [ 6 Answers ]

I had my first kiss with this lad and I found out he didn't like me when we went out for the second time a couple days after falling out. At first we were a loverly teenage puppy love couple and thought the world of each other, text and see each other every day... But the second tym we went out...

Help I don't know what to do! [ 4 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with this guy who is my best friend ( before and after we got together) for the last 3 years on and off we have been together. Times are not really that bad, but they are not really that good etiher. This past summer we fought a lot, about almost everything, and now I am away...

View more questions Search