Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 16, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Carrying Small
    I have a question for mothers to be and mothers. I would like to know when you started showing with your first baby? I am in the beginning of the second trimester and I still fit in all my pre-pregnancy pants (most of them are low-rise). My belly looks a bit thick but not like a baby bump. I am not worried that something is wrong with the pregnancy. I know I have not miscarried or suffered from a blighted ovum because I heard the heartbeat a week ago. I just want to know about how long I have to wait for that adorable baby bump.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
    First, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Next, this is different for every woman. While I showed at 4 months with my first, I did not show until about 7 months with my third. I have a friend that was in Nursing school with me who NEVER showed at all with either of hers.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
    I could wear my pre-pregnancy pants up until my 7th month with my son. (I was 25 at the time.) When I got pregnant with my daughter in my mid thirties, I had to get into maternity pants in the 3rd month. I never really got that "bump" associated with pregnancy with him, but my girl made up for it big time!

Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 16, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Congrats... I didn't show until eight months with my first, six with my second and around two two and a half with my third *it was twins*. Not showing until later during your first pregnancy is a great thing. It means all those muscles aren't streched out of shape yet... oh how I remember those days... and miss them.
    johobby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babieface85
    I have a question for mothers to be and mothers. I would like to know when you started showing with your first baby? I am in the beginning of the second trimester and I still fit in all my pre-pregnancy pants (most of them are low-rise). My belly looks a bit thick but not like a baby bump. I am not worried that something is wrong with the pregnancy. I know I have not miscarried or suffered from a blighted ovum because I heard the heartbeat a week ago. I just want to know about how long I have to wait for that adorable baby bump.
    Hi I didn't start to show until I was 6 months x
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babieface85
    Every woman is different. Congratulations!!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 28, 2007, 08:37 AM
    As much as I would like to say that I am not yet showing (I'm 13 weeks 3 days) I already have the bump! I have had some people tell me I look like I'm about 5 months already! I'm only three!! I think some of it may be that I was already a bit overweight before getting pregnant. I've only gained 3 pounds and can fit into a couple of my pre pregnant pants, but most of them I haven't been able to wear buttoned since about 8 weeks. This is my first pregnancy so I was very surprised to be showing so soon. My mother said she showed very early when she carried me, so I'm assuming it's somewhat genetic. I've been walking everyday, and not giving in to all of my unhealthy cravings, but I definitely look pregnant. I'm about 5'7" and weigh 165 right now. I'm terrified that I will be enormous by the time I'm 7-8 months! I'm sure you will get your bump soon enough. If not, at least you will be spared the stretch marks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrying one cat out of litter to another room [ 3 Answers ]

My mother cat of six one-week old kittens is avoiding nursing her kittens, but will carry one particular kitten off into another room to feed. Is there something wrong with momma or this particular kitten, and how do I get her to feed them all?

Confused; he's carrying two conversations [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, I have this friend, he's like one of my best friends, meaning he talks to me all the time and he can be an idiot, but I forgive him, cause I know I'm not always the nicest person in the world to him. I don't know what he really wants to say because he says he doesn't like me more than friends,...

Can Implantation Bleeding be heavier when carrying twins? [ 2 Answers ]

Can implantation bleeding be heavier when pregnant with twins? Im having brown and red spotting 1 week before period... and a lot of people say spotting you can only see on toilet paper, but mine has been a little more... just enough to get into my panties... what do you think, cause I took clomid...

Need help with water carrying pvc joint [ 5 Answers ]

Pvc pipe joint between floors has become unsealed so that it leaks minutely. So far anyway. Is there a product that will reseal this joint. Otherwise I will have to cut a large hole in the ceiling to remove and replace the old joint. It is a straight connection not an elbow if that makes any...

View more questions Search