Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssone217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Starting a Talent Agency
    I'm looking to start a model/talent agency in Indiana. How do I go about becoming a licensed talent agent. My office will be located in Indiana but my talent will secure most work in the Chicago land area. Please help me with any information you may have. 3

Sandra
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2012, 06:50 AM
    It looks like Indiana does not have licensing requirements, however, Illinois does. You will need to get bonded for Illinois, pay for a license and pay to become an Employment Counselor.

You will need to obtain business licenses from your home state and local government. You should seek professional guidance from a Lawyer to conduct this business and to ensure you are filing appropriately with both states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Talent Agent? Where to start... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking into getting into modelling or acting management. Like an Agent. I was a model for a couple years when I was a teenager, and since having my son, I can't go back... I was hoping to stay in the industry, but on the management side. The fashion industry has...

Collecting Agency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: A few days ago I received a letter from a collection agency claiming that I owe $1000 from an unpaid account for XXX Receivables. They have not included any detail backups with this letter. The letter accompanied by a court draft stating that if I don't pay within 10 business days, they will...

Do I have ANY Talent? [ 11 Answers ]

I recently wrote a "poem" for a high school english class. It didn't rhyme, and it took me less than a day to write it. The day my teacher handed them back, she persisted that I had copied the whole thing off the internet. I got very angry with her and talked with her after class and finally...

View more questions Search