Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LR1230 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 07:39 AM
    .Medication and Pregnancy.
    Hello everyone... I'm new to this site, but I could really use a little advice. I'm on the pill... TriNessa. I'm very regular with it. Never miss a pill... same time every night. I also take Topamax. It's an antiepileptic for those that don't know. I take it for migraine supression. After 2 years my final daily dosage was up to 200mg. At my last neurology appt. my doctor bumped me to 225mg. Anything over 200mg may interfere with birth control that contains estrogen... in essence... making it ineffective. I figured I'd at least have a month or so to get to my GYN (I was planning on getting Mirena) but I'm worried that I may have waited too long.

For the wast week or so I just haven't felt "right." I already have a 3 year old son. He was my little "woops." I love him to death but I'm just not sure I'm ready for another one. My breasts are tender... a little sore. Not extremely... but I can tell a difference. I'm burping ALL the time. I'm noticing myself in the bathroom a little more frequently and I'm having trouble sleeping through the night. Just restless. I really don't feel like myself. Funny thing is... I couldn't even tell you if this is what I felt like while I was pregnant with my son (I had hyperemesis gravidarum and that's ALL I remember).

So... my question for myself... and anyone else... is could I be pregnant. Some of these symptoms can be side effects of Topamax (breast tenderness). They can also be side effects of the pill... maybe my hormones are out of whack from the increase in Topamax. I guess I'm looking for a little advice... support maybe. Anyone else been through this. Were any of these early pregnancy symptoms for anyone else? I'd appreciate any kind help possible... thanks. (BTW... I won't be able to test until Friday... ugh!)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Nausea during pregnancy is bad enough without hyperemesis gravidarum, it is a disorder in case other readers want to know, actually persistent nausea during pregnancy. Of course any symptoms you are having we women going through pregnancy, or gone through, have had before, I do remember that correctly.

I can't say if you could be pregnant or not, we are all different, but if you think you are or just want to rest your mind, I would see a doctor and not bother with a drug store pregnancy test as I don't believe they are accurate enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qd All medication [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about the medication QD All?

Is this medication safe in pregnancy? [ 17 Answers ]

I have been suffering with some congestion/allergy sinus crap lately, and my hubby picked me up this new medicine that helps with all of the above. I don't know much about the ingredients and wanted to make sure that it was safe in case we are pregnant. We have been trying, and I'm in a waiting...

What is the name of this medication? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small, rectangular shaped pill, light orange, with a v shape at the bottom. I was told it is a muscle relaxant. Thank you for your assistance.

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

What is chlorpheniramine maleate 12 mg

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?

View more questions Search