Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    important Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:48 AM
    ITIN pending/H1B approval/SSN
    My friend has applied for ITIN and have not received it till date. She has now got her H1B approval through the lottery system. Can she apply for a SSN while her ITIN is still pending?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 16, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Yes, she can. The ITIN is only temporary and will be superseded by the SSN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSN after H1b approval [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is in USA on H4. He had applied for H1b and got an approval. Can he apply for SSN now. If not, when can he apply? What are the documents required? Thanks.

I am on L1 having SSN, wife is on L2 having ITIN [ 2 Answers ]

I am on L1 having SSN, wife is on L2 having ITIN. I am working in a software firm, but wife is not working. I understand that I have to file jointly with my wife as a dependent. 1. Is my assumption right that, I have file jointly ? 2. What is the best practice to increase my tax exemptions ?...

ITIN / SSN for Spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Last year my wife joined me in USA (june) and I filed her as a Dependent prior to her arrival. She got her ITIN and I got my refund. She arrived in June and is on a L1 visa and has a SSN. How do I file this year to get the best refund ? Taking into account; 1) Technically from Jan-June she was...

Spouse on H4, no SSN/ITIN [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was in USA on a H1B visa for close to six years, I got married in May 2005 and my wife accompanied me to the US for four months. We returned to our native for good in September 2005. I did not file for a ITIN/SSN for my wife during her stay. Can I file a joint return claiming her as...

H1B Visa Pending, want to travel. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would be glad if someone could help me out here, about travelling abroad while my application for changing from F1 to H1 status is pending. If I travel abroad right now, my I94 card number is going to change, so will that require me to REFILE the H1 application again or I would be...

View more questions Search