Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princetongirl818 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Get rid of brassy tones
    I had a natural hair color of light brown but I went through the stage of coloring. I've probabley died my hair more then 4 times.And I've been trying to get it back to a light brown but I don't know how to get rid of the reddish brassy tint. What do you think I should put on it to work? Its like the shade,color I want but it has a red, brassy tone to it. What can I do to fix it?
    Like can I buy something at a store to do it?
    Thankss
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Try using a light ash brown to neutralize the red tones. Leave the hair color mixture on your hair for ten minutes and then rinse it out. I recommend using hair coloring products such as Loreal or Clairol.
    mizkilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 12:26 PM
    I personally did the exact thing you mention of using a light ash but all it proceeded in doing was lighten my roots and darken the rest with a still red halo glow about it... should I use a darker ash color?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted red tones [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have red tones from lifting and then depositing color back into hair. My natural color is about a 5N or 6N and I have tried (unsuccessfully) to pull anything but red. Green will cancel red, I know, but where is this "green-based" color?? According to my knowledge (which apparently is...

Brassy hair? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a ? I was before I dyed my hair a dark blonde and went and bought a light blonde to dye my hair with... well when I dyed it the ends are light but the roots and top of my hair is real brassy in color... what would be the best way to correct it... should I put the other box of light blonde...

Facial skin tones [ 1 Answers ]

I have this discoloration around my mouth and eyes from not eating right. If I start to eat right, will it go away, and if so, how long will it take?

Getting rid of the red tones [ 4 Answers ]

Aaarrrrhhhh... Can anyone help me - I have used a 44/65 Wella Koleston Perfect on my hair and the colour is (was) fab - I am getting bored now thou and want to get rid of the red tones in the /65... What colour can I use to nutrulise the vibrant red tones in my hair... I have a rootage of abou 1...

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search