Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrkneel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Ceiling fan works, only 1 of 3 lights work
    I just installed the Harbor Breeze Vector Elite, which is a pullchain fan. I installed a Harbor Breeze remote to it as well. The fan controls work fine, but only one of the lights is working. It will dim and everything, but the other 2 won't come on. What up?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Were there 3 blue wires in the light kit or just one? Each socket has its own feed wire so all 3 need to be connected, same for the whites.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 06:03 PM
    It sounds like a bad connection in the light kit, is it possible to take it apart and check connections?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Either the other two bulbs are loose, or a wire conenction from each is loose or disconnected. Check the bulbs, then check the wiring inside the light. Also check the pullchain if it has one.
    jrkneel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Yeeeeah I'm pretty sure I found the problem. It turns out that the bulbs that aren't working, just don't work. They should since they're fairly new, but I just needed new bulbs. I feel stupid now but at least I don't have bad wiring.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Don't feel stupid, you'd expect better than 1 out of 3 bulbs to work. Many ceiling fans come with bulbs included so I'm surprised your was not. Good luck.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
    If I recall correctly, that fan has halogen bulbs. THose are more fragile, and the oils from your hands can damage the little center bulb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

Harbor breeze fan works but lights don't [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a harbor breeze fan and light kit, I just wanted to know how to wire it up if I have a white/black/and copper wire from ceiling and black/blue/white/and two green wires from the kit... Do you wire the blue and black from kit to black in ceiling, white to white in ceiling and greens...

Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't [ 3 Answers ]

I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting...

Lights do not work on the ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2...

View more questions Search