Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnkcourt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Reduced pressure after turning on faucet
    I am trying to figure out why I have reduced pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. Initially, when I turn on the faucet, either hot or cold, the pressure is good for about two seconds, after that it reduces by approximately half. I have replaced the seat and springs but that only eliminated a drip. Now I don't even have the initial two seconds of good pressure. The additional hose which is hooked to the same supply has great pressure. Please help.

Thanks,
    John
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Sounds like debris in or just before Faucet. After all dissassembly, cleaning and reassembly,
    Disconnect lines and blow through faucet with faucet set to full cold, full hot and warm.
    You probably already unscrewed end of faucet and checked screen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure reduced in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

My pressure is reduced only on my hot water in the kitchen sink, I have a Delta Single lever faucet. We've been here about 2 years and all worked fine until a few months ago, it appears to be fairly new plumbing (about 6 to 8 years old) How do I repair this problem. Thank You.

Banging/Tapping Noise when turning on faucet/flushing toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys! In addition to my little problem with my toilet posted in another thread (can fix it easily), I have another issue. Every time I use the upstairs shower/toilets/sink, when running water, a loud banging/tapping noise appears. When you turn it off, the banging noise still appears...

Reduced hot water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

First question here, thanks in advance for any responses. Basically, I have lost pressure from all the hot water taps/shower in my house. Boiler seems to be working okay - water is actually hot but initially comes out as usual for half a second when turning taps on, but then slows to a...

Turning off water for faucet replacement [ 4 Answers ]

My husband attempted the rather easy job of replacing a kitchen faucet. After turning off water supply, water continues to dribble out of faucet.. He says there some problem in turn off valve. How does he replace valve if water is running out of the faucet? We DO have a well for water supply.

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search